6. Wounds

———————

———————

"How I know it was him?" I feel my face getting hot with anger, but I push it down. I look away for a moment.

"Don't. Lie." Namjoon hisses.

"I watched it happen." I say, opening my eyes again. "I was there. With my brother. It was the afternoon. He was coming home from his friend's house."

The boys listen intently. Even Jimin stopped making snarky comments.

"My father received a phone call and then told me to wait for my brother in the edge of the woods. I saw a car on my way to the edge going toward my house..." I trail off. "I saw it, but I didn't think it was anything important. My brother came a minute later and the two of us walked back home with his work. As we were going to the house, the car was parked and I was so close to going into the house."

I sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Seho stopped me and pointed to the window. The second I saw the gun, I.."

Tears form in my eyes, but I swallow, not allowing them to break my voice. I feel everyone's eyes burning into my soul. I can't even look at them. I keep my head down.

"I watched it happen. My father. Mother. Sister." I shake my head. "So Seho and I ran. We knew we couldn't go back for my parents. They were gone."

"How did you know it was Hyunsoo?" Namjoon pushes and I sigh, trying not to kill him on the spot.

"We were found. A man. He told me that he was a friend of my father's. We were young and scared so the two of us went with him. He trained us in combat. How to use guns, knives. Anything we could get our hands on really. Even out body weight."
"About four years later, I would have been... fourteen? I needed to know who it was. I was... Impatient. He told me everything about Hyunsoo because I was old enough to understand. Told me about his mob, what he did. He even told me about the Silver Wings. But he never told me about my father being the leader. He just told me it was wrong place, wrong time. He hid it."
"After he told me about Hyunsoo, he helped me study him. Spy. We moved a lot, but never far enough to take our eyes away from his activities. When the time was right and we had an advantage, Seho and I were going to kill him to avenge our parents... but he's dead, so he'll never have the chance. Hell now I might now have that chance."

"What does Hyunsoo want with you? Why alive?" Namjoon shows no emotion. Does he even have a heart?

"I can't figure it out." I say, shaking my head. "I never figured it out."

"Maybe he needs an heir for something?" Jungkook suggests.

"No." I say. "They only wanted me. Seho was disposable to them, even though he was more valuable than me. He would have been the next heir to take over or make decisions."

"That's weird." Taehyung mutters.

"I need to go." Hobi says, standing up while looking at his phone. "I'm needed back." He looks at me as he grabs his bag. "Y/n, when I get back, I'll talk to you, Alright? Just.. please. Understand that we are helping you here."