42. Search

————————

————————

"You know how pissed Namjoon would get if he finds out you left? Especially without him?" Jimin asks, looking at me as we walk through the trees.

"It's not like I'm enjoying the company I have anyway," I say low, nodding forward toward Lay. He walks slightly ahead with Baekhyun while Suho walks behind us. All of them carry rifles, but I didn't take one. I didn't want to carry anything too heavy or have it slung on my shoulder. I was okay with just my handgun. I look over at him, smiling. "Except for you of course."

He laughs, nodding. "Okay good, I would have been a little sad."

"We don't want that," I grin.

"What exactly are we doing out here?" Baekhyun slows down to walk beside me.

"Find my knife."

"We came out for a knife?" Lay turns his head.

"I never asked you to come."

"What was that?" He narrows his eyes at me and my shoulders drop a bit as I look down.

"Nothing."

Jimin looks between the two of us and speaks up.

"It's important to her, it won't take long. We know where it would be. We're going to check then be gone, okay?"

The rest of the boys nod in agreement and I keep my eyes down as I walk, avoiding twigs and stones, nearly stepping on Jimin's foot in the process.

We walk for about 10 minutes in silence until I begin to see tire tracks in the ground and hear the rippling of the river. I slow my pace, feeling my heart rate pick up.

Jimin holds his gun to his chest, alert and the others follow his lead. Lay switches places with Baekhyun to be at my side, which makes me even more tense than before. I pull my gun out of it's holster as we get closer to the clearing.

It's 15 trees ahead. 10. 5.

I see it. Giving a signal, Baekhyun leads everybody into the clearing, all raising their guns as they spread out. Except for Lay, of course. He stays with me as we go to the opposite end, checking for any threat. The cold water reaches my ankles, the wind not helping by the time I step out.

As we walk, I can't help but stare at the ground. The tire tracks are faint, but definitely there. There aren't any bodies, but there is still dried blood on the rocks and gravel. I look around. Not one body. Like they were cleared out.

I wonder who did it. Blues, feds or Mr. Min's men. Then again it were the feds, I don't think we would have come back. Blues? There's a chance since Mr. Min has them wrapped around his finger.