23. Hurt

———————

———————

I don't even know what to say. I bite my lip again. At this point, I'm sure that it's swollen and probably even bleeding since I bite it so much.

I died? Three times? That's just so... unreal. Three close calls. So close that my whole life could have ended in an instant. So close that I never would have been able to open my eyes again. See the world again.

Kai's stitches become more noticeable once my thoughts take over my head. I feel the needle puncture my skin again and I wince in pain, stifling a whine.

"You're okay." Kai says. "Only two more to go and we're done this one."

I look at him.

"This one?" I repeat.

He nods.

"I'm talking about your side. I'll have to check it but by what Jimin described, it'll most likely need stitches as well. If so, it's a little more meaty there, so it'll hurt a touch more, but nothing that you can't handle." He looks up and shows me a charming smile. Then he pricks me again, my nose scrunching. "There is also a decent gash on the back of your arm here, but I'm sure that steri-strips will be enough."

I feel blood soaking my clothes at this point. A lot more than when I actually fell on the glass. I just can't wait until I can take a shower and change. I feel disgusting.

"In fact." He continues. "I think that's what gotten you so far at this point. Any other person probably wouldn't even be able to survive what you've been through. The physical trauma itself would be enough to kill one from shock. But not you. You're strong. Not only physical, but you've been through mental and emotion trauma too. And you're still here. Of course, you're hurt and need recovery, but I'd say your pain tolerance is pretty high because an average person wouldn't be able to even take the stitches alone. Yet you're here. Talking to me. With your head on straight. I'll admit you impress me."

He says as he finishes the last stitch and begins forming the knot.

"Strong willed." He says as he pulls the thread through and cuts the excess off.

"That's Y/N, all right." Jimin says, staring at you admirably. "She's been like that from the get-go. When we met her the first time she was shot the night before. Still managed to fight three of us off."

Kai chuckles, wiping down the wound preparing a bandage.

"I don't know if that's embarrassing or impressive." He grins, amused.