47. Drive

It's 4:30 in the morning

It's 4:30 in the morning. I slept for a bit, but now I need to find Jimin. If all goes well, dreadfully Lay too. Namjoon lays on the couch once again and snores lightly. He can't come though. I know he'll want to but... he just can't. I don't know how heavy of a sleeper he is, so I slowly sit up, putting my feet down on the carpet carefully. The bed creaks as I use my palm to push myself up and I freeze, looking at him.

Nothing.

I sigh and push myself to my feet, walking over slowly to the dresser, where I left my bag. I grab my black cargo pants, replacing my sweatpants, eyes not leaving Namjoon. Fortunately, he sleeps like a rock. I slowly grab my holster, clipping it to my thigh as well as my other with my temporary knife.

I grab my jacket and open the door carefully, watching to see if Namjoon stirs. Not so far. I slip through the small gap and peek one more time. He's sleeping. I sigh in relief and close the door quietly. I turn and hit somebody's chest, causing my eyes to nearly pop out of my head and my heart stopping.

Lay. Of course.

"Where do you think you're going sweetheart?" He chuckles, looking down at my gun.

"To find Jimin," I say, moving past him.

"Ooh," he raises his eyebrows, blocking my way. "Do I sense scandal?"

I give him an agitated look. "No, of course not!" I sigh, nodding my head. "Actually this makes everything easier. We're going."

"Going?" He raises his eyebrows. "Where might that be?"

"On the drop."

He quickly laughs, shaking his head. "No we're not."

"I need to go, Lay. I'm going crazy in here. A normal job will be able to clear my head."

"Or all you're going to do is bring your crazy outside into a danger zone and get yourself killed. Not happening."

"I'm going to be fine!" I snap then quickly quiet down again. "Listen, it doesn't need to be a big deal. I'll stay in the truck, out of sight. I just need to be anywhere but here and clear my head. Please." I give him a pleading look, looking down. "I'm here, in this house. In these woods. The woods where I literally gained a chronic disease and where the first people I've cared about and trusted in years almost died. I need a break. From all of this. It's just for the day."

He looks down on me, jaw clenched. He groans, looking up and shaking his head before looking down at me again, grabbing one shoulder and pointing his finger in my face, a stern look on his face.

"You don't leave the truck."

"I don't leave the truck," I nod quickly.

"Completely out of sight."

"Of course."

Moving closer, he lowers his tone. "This isn't a game. This is reality. One fuck-up and everybody is screwed, you need to understand that. No fucking around or trying to do something behind my back."