21. Shattered

—————-

—————-

"It looks like it hurts." I swallow down the lump in my throat at I feel my body tense up.

The man looks at me and sits up next to me with a soft smile.

"That's what everybody thinks before their first. The truth is, it's not that bad."

"I know, I think it's just..." I sigh. "I don't know."

"You don't think you're ready?"

I nod my head a little bit.

"I mean.. this is important to me. I've been wanting to do this for so long but I guess it's just the commitment I have trouble with. It'll be with me forever. The memory, the feeling. It'll be there until I die. That's a thought, you know?"

He nods.

"I completely understand what you mean. I felt the same way. I actually put it off for I think three months because I was afraid of that same thing. But one day I realized that it was what I wanted. It wouldn't be such a bad thing because it brings meaning into somebody's life. Whether it's a small significance or a larger significance, it's important to you, that is really all that matters. Some say the pain is worth it, big pain or small. So think to yourself. Are you ready to make that sacrifice yet? Is this really that important to you? Because if it is, just do it. Because one day you'll realize just how important it is and you'll regret not doing it. Who knows." He chuckles. "Maybe you'll be too old."

Chuckling at his joke, I think about what he's saying. He's right. If this is important to me, then of course I'll do it. It doesn't take me long to make a decision. I look at him and nod.

"Yes then." I say. "I'm ready."

He smiles. "That's good. Face those fears because if you don't, they'll never go away. Now you can lay back down."

I obey his request and lie down, taking a deep breath.

"Let's just take a minute to relax here and wait for-"

Cutting him off, a flushing noise comes from the door down the hall. Shortly after, the door opens to reveal a tall, tanned man who has a silly grin on his face.

"Ready?" He asks plopping down on the chair next to me.

"Yeah.." I say, but it comes out as barely a whisper.

He looks at the man next to me, smirking.

"Scared?"

"Oh shut up, Seho." I shake my head and he grins.

The man next to me chuckles. "A little."

"Alright, Y/n." He turns back to me. "I know it'll be hard to trust this hearing from me, but it really isn't that bad."