26. Latenight visit

___________

___________

My eyes flutter open, but it's dark. I sigh and relax into the pillow, shifting my weight the other direction and try to sleep again.

Wait.

"Oh shit." I say, my eyes snapping open.

I try to sit up, but pain just slams me back down. I groan and take a deep breath before trying again, this time slower and more careful. After a moment, I am able to sit upright. I rub my eyes, looking around. Suddenly I hear something in the corner of the room.

My head snaps toward the low noise and sigh a bit sadly.

Jimin. Sleeping on a chair. His forehead is leaning on his arm while his arm itself is propped on the arm of the chair. He changed his clothes into a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie. He obviously came straight from where he was resting earlier. He's clearly still tired though.

I chew my lip. I've been wanting to do one thing since I've woken up. And I still haven't been able to accomplish that. Seeing Jimin just reminds me of it and makes me feel anxious to go. Jimin told me he would try, but I fell asleep by accident. Stupid of me.

I can't even try to sleep anymore now. I have to go.

Since I'm already sitting up, it's easier to move around. I sigh, looking at the wheelchair. I push my palm down, holding my breath as I edge closer to the end of the bed. I ignore the pain the best I can as my toes hover above the ground. I sigh, the burden of the sling around my arm making it more difficult.

I close my eyes and sigh before leaning down, grabbing the arms of the wheelchair and sliding off the bed with a small whimper. I quickly spin my body so that I land the right way. I fall onto the chair with a small grunt, catching my breath as I lean back.

I grunt, looking at the sling.

I mean... it's not really broken. They don't know that. I can just try not to move my shoulder a whole lot. I unclip the splint, tossing it over my shoulder and slowly lowering my arm to the wheel.

I kick the brakes back up and place my hands on the wheel, pushing the chair.

At first, it's difficult to try and move around, my arms feeling stiff and straining. I go pretty slow to be honest. But it gets easier as I continue. I just roll down the hall in the dark. How do I know where Namjoon and Taehyung are?

I guess I just have to look around.

After 5 minutes or so of looking around, I begin to lose hope. But then something catches my eye as I roll past a part of the hall. A small light followed by a steady rhythm of beeping. I back up and turn to the left, slowly letting myself closer to the source of beeps.

I edge closer and closer, making sure nobody can see me. Then I see a room, windows on the walls like you would see in a hospital room for the doctors to see you and be aware of your behaviour. I spot four people inside the room, three sleeping and one looking at a clipboard as they check the person's vitals. Definitely doctors or nurses. Both?