8. Snoop

————————

————————

"You're not supposed to be down here." I spin and see Namjoon, arms crossed. I back up and he follows me. The dim basement darkens his features, making him look more ferocious than he does in the light. More intimidating.

I'm at a loss for words.

"Sorry I- I just just-"

"What's with you?" He says, but not in his usual uptight, bitter tone. It was weirdly calm. It scared me even more.

I back up into the wall and he places his hand next to me head. I gulp at how close he is to me.

"You just won't sit still will you?" He raises an eyebrow scanning my face. "You're violent, you run. Now you're snooping. You're a very... problematic girl." He says, his free hand tracing my tattoo. I flinch, but don't pull away.

It'll seem weak. I just glare at him.

"You're lucky that Jin hyung is so nice to you. Otherwise, you would be in the room next door." He says and I feel my chest tighten as he tilts his head to the side. He chuckles at my nervous expression. Then his face hardens into the normal Namjoon I know.
"Don't let me catch you snooping again. Go. Now." I take his hand off me and slip out between him and the wall. I quickly leave the room and up the stairs.

In my room, I run my hand through my hair, taking a deep breath. Just thinking of when he touched me like that makes him even more repulsive. He's crazy.

I sit on my bed. I suddenly don't feel very restless anymore. But I don't want to sleep either. Seeing him like that just reminds me that he has access to my room. That he can do what he wants. I lay my head on the pillow, but I don't sleep.

I can't sleep.

******

Before I realize it, light starts to show through the curtains. But not a bright, sunny light. A dim, grey dreary light. I look over at the clock. It's 8:45am.

I push myself up from bed and change my clothes. I clip my holster on my leg and go into the bathroom. I leave the door open while I quickly brush my teeth, putting a hat on.

I go down the stairs in hopes to see Jin, but when I get to the kitchen and see it empty, I remember he said he was out today.

"Morning." Someone startles me and I tense up. I look to see Jimin coming in, pulling a sweater over his head.

"Hi." I say quietly, climbing up on the counter to grab my pills. I get down and he's standing there, making sure that I don't slip.

"Sit down." He says and I look at him confused. "Your arm." He points his eyes down.

"Oh." I say and sit down on a chair. I swallow the pills and roll my long sleeve shirt up. He slowly takes the bandage off and I shut my eyes, leaning my head back.