40. Return

———————

———————

The cold wind cuts its way through my hair and onto my neck, sending chills up my spine. I stare at the cabin that engraved memories into my head that I don't think will ever leave. All my panic, fear. Somebody bumps my shoulder as they walk by, too preoccupied with carrying guns to apologize. Distrust.

But it is also the closest thing I've had to home in a while. The closest people I have to family were introduced to me here. Of course, there were times that we didn't get along, but we always knew deep down that we have each other's backs. And if you ask me, that's all that really matters.

I turn my head, looking out into the trees toward the river's direction, my heart beating harder.

That's where the pain came from. My hand instinctively touches my temple where my wound is. That's the place that changed my life in ways that I can't even process. I look toward the forest. It lies within 5 miles of where I sleep. My bedroom window faces that direction. Like a constant reminder of what Hyunsoo did. To what? Torture my mind? Maybe. Or maybe I can look out the window and be reminded just to get more motivated.

"Do you need help with that?" Somebody's voice startles me from behind, causing me to jump, tugging my bad shoulder. I wince.

I turn my head to see one of the EXO boys. I think his name was Xuimin or something. His eyes widen a bit.

"Oh shoot was that your hurt shoulder? I'm sorry," he quickly says and I shake my head.

"Don't worry about it."

"I was just checking if you wanted  help with your bag-"

"I'm good," I avoid eye contact and adjust the strap on my good shoulder.

"Oh. Well you just stopped and I didn't know if you wanted help because I know you're still recovering-"

"I said I'm good," I say sharper, directing my eyes to his. His hand falls to his side and he nods.

"Um... okay," he sounds a bit discouraged but quickly smiles. "Just let me know if you need anything."

I just nod, looking away to let him leave.

"Little harsh?" Yoongi chuckles, walking up to me from my left. I shrug.

"No I think I was being pretty nice actually."

"Damn, I would hate to see you mean," he says sarcastically. "Oh wait..."

I give him a side glance, rolling my eyes with a small chuckle. He smiles.

"I get it. You don't trust him. Any of them," he looks at the group of boys walking into the house with their bags. I follow his gaze.

"I don't know them."