32. Blur

———————I can't even begin to tell you how fast we all rushed out of the room

———————
I can't even begin to tell you how fast we all rushed out of the room. The two boys helped Taehyung onto his wheelchair with pretty much zero complaint. Probably because of the adrenaline. Or the fact that our head blurred, our bodies in entire control. Maybe both.

Anyways. Jimin grabbed my chair while Jin took Taehyung and the four of us zipped down the hallway. As we got closer to Namjoon's room, we could hear all of the commotion, orders being shouted by the doctors and monitors beeping loudly. Lights burning my eyes, the quick movement and the loud noises are making my head spin and my stomach churn.

We turn the corner and skid to a stop as my wheelchair smashes into a random guard, who's trying to get everything under control. Yoongi, Hoseok and Jungkook are trying to push by and go in, if not, at least get to the window. People are shouting and running around. Doctors are rushing in and out of the room as Namjoon lets out a scream that chilled you to the bone. It's chaos.

I look through the glass toward Namjoon to see his body flinging up in pain, doctors pinning him down. The monitor starts beeping loudly and quickly as Jin lets go of Taehyung's chair, trying to charge through. He's quickly stopped by the guard with the shaved head.

"Let me though, I'm a doctor, he's dying in there."

"There are already doctors in there helping him," the man speaks, his voice unsurprisingly demanding. "You're too close to this, you can't be in on this."

"Please," Jin begs. "Please I need to help somehow." He chokes.

"The only way you can help is to calm down and be patient." He says, his eyes glued to Jin.

Jungkook grabs Jin's arm and gently pulls him back. "He's right hyung, we can't intervene." His voice is low, sounding obviously destroyed. But he's right. We can't barge inside while they're checking on him in case he's prone to anything dangerous at this moment or upon our arrival.

My thoughts are interrupted by another scream, rippling throughout the whole floor and then silence. A long steady beep rings in the room and everything seems to stop for a moment. I look up to see the monitor flatlined. His heart stopped and I think mine did too to be honest.

All of the boys are frozen until the doctors start shouting orders and grab equipment. The boys start moving and finally find their voices, yelling and mumbling inaudible things.

One of the doctors look over at the chaos outside and yell an order to one of the nurses as he charges the paddles. "Clear!" One of them shouts as the nurse scrambles to shut the blinds, blocking Namjoon of our view completely as the defibrillator pads make contact, jerking his body upward.

"This is my fault." I mumble to myself, my eyes blinking slowly and my whole world spinning.  "He's dying because of me..."

People move all around me, but it's a blur. I can't hear anything clearly. They're muffled and echoed, then soon turn into a constant ring. I can't make anything out. I poke my tongue out, not realizing how dry my lips have gotten.