16. Strange Alliance

———————"They're supposed to meet me here!" Namjoon frustratedly yells, grabbing something glass off a box and throwing it as hard as he can at the wall

———————
"They're supposed to meet me here!" Namjoon frustratedly yells, grabbing something glass off a box and throwing it as hard as he can at the wall. I flinch a little, but stay still, crouched with my back against the wall. I hold my knife between my fingers, twisting it while keeping my eyes on a fixed point to avoid eye contact with Namjoon.

He took me to a storage unit that they rented out. Apparently it's always been their rendezvous point for situations like this, but it's never been used yet.

He puts his hands above his head against the wall while pressing his forehead against the wall. I hear him shudder quietly as if he was fighting tears. I raise my eyes up to him and he holds his fist on the wall, his knuckles white.

"Damn it!" He punches the wall and then immediately clutches his shoulder.

I push myself to my feet slowly.

"What if they're already dead?!" He asks, raising his good arm frantically. "No phone call! Nobody is here yet! For all I know, they were all shot up and we're next!" Namjoon freaks out and I quickly cross the room to him, gripping his shoulders.

"Namjoon stop! Your spiralling! You need to calm down. You're aggravating your wound and stressing yourself out." I say as I shake him a bit.

I expect him to glare and yell back at me for giving him such a tone, but what comes next is so surprising, I'm not even sure it's Namjoon.

Tears well up in his eyes and he bites his lip, trying to hold them back.

My eyes widen and I don't know what to do. Do I pat his head? Do I let him punch me or something? I don't know how to deal with this. I never thought I would see the day.

He slowly sits down and I bite my lip.

I just step toward him, pushing his jacket off his shoulders. He winces from the pain.

"Let me at least wrap it." I say gently and he nods, taking his sweater off, leaving him in a t-shirt. I grip the base of his sleeve with one hand and rip it off with my other hand. He groans as it moves, straining his injury, but he pushes through it surprisingly well.

I rip the circle into a strip and let it hang from my holster.

"Do you have water in here?"

"Yeah.." he points to a corner with a pack of water bottles. "It's in case we need to stay for a while."

Without saying anything, I just go over and open one. He tenses, bracing himself for the sting. I pour some onto his shoulder to clean it up a bit and get rid of the blood. He grunts and takes a deep breath. After a few splashes, his wound becomes visible easily. A chunk of his shoulder is gone, but it's only flesh.

"Good news." I say, dumping a little more on before closing the bottle and tossing it onto the floor. "You were only skimmed. Its going to hurt for a while, but the recovery won't be long. Compared to mine, this is sunshine and rainbows."