29. Recap

————————

————————

My eyes fly open, the pain in my body returning again. I feel the corner of my eyes crusted while my lids are brimmed with tears, sliding down a small distance.

"Hey.." I hear a voice beside me. I turn my head and see Yoongi giving me a small smile.

"Oh hi." I say, pushing myself up to sit, but he puts his hand on my shoulder gently.

"Don't sit up." He says gently and I nod, relaxing back into the bed. He scrunches his nose. "Are you alright?"

Are you alright? I nearly laugh.

"Other than the million different kind of pain embedded in my body? I'm great. Why?"

"Well first of all, you're sweating like crazy." I wipe my forehead, embarrassed. "Jimin pulled me aside before leaving because he said you kept mumbling and crying in your sleep. Screamed once or twice too. He was worried. I am too."

"It's fine. Just a bad dream." I said, rubbing my temple. "Where'd he go anyway?"

"Taehyung woke up this morning. He went to check on him."

"Oh is he alright?"

"He's fine. He was pumped with some morphine and calmed down pretty quick. Last I checked, he's talking and stuff, so that's a good sign."

"That's really good." I nod, groaning a bit as I attempt to sit up again.

"Hey-"

"No it's fine, I want up." I say before he continues and he nods, helping me up.

"How's your head?" He asks when I'm fully up.

I instinctively touch the bandage that covers the left side of my forehead.

"Not bothering me too much right now. It's usually when I'm moving around it starts to ache. My body hurts more than my head does."

"Actually I can give you some meds before it starts. Just to ease it." He says, turning and grabbing the bottle of pills that they have been giving me lately. I pop a couple in my mouth and thank him.

"Any word from your dad?" I ask, washing the pills down with water.

Yoongi nods quickly. "Yeah that's why I was waiting actually. He said that he wants to set up a meeting. Discuss what we're going to do now, address some new regulation and do a little bit of recapping to fill in the blanks."

"Wait.. wouldn't we wait for Namjoon and Taehyung for that kind of meeting?" I ask. It's going to be weird without Namjoon, their leader, there. I shift a bit when I think of Namjoon. What was that dream of him? It didn't feel right at all.

Yoongi just lets out a soft sigh, running his hand through his silver hair. "We've been waiting for three days. We need to do this now because we don't know how much time we have before Hyunsoo strikes if he does. We don't know when Namjoon will wake up, we can't wait for him."