30. House of Commons

————————

————————

"It's not safe to go back to the cabin, I agree with Mr. Min!" Jimin says, pointing to the leader, directing his statement at Jungkook, who insists on staying in the cabin, where he argues we could protect ourselves better.

"We can't just abandon our home." Taehyung says quietly.

"It's not your home," Mr. Min scolds Taehyung for such a comment. "It was your safe house. And now it's not-so-safe anymore."

"We have to look at the facts," Yoongi says calmly, intertwining his fingers and leaning against the table. "Hyunsoo knows exactly where the cabin is. He's knows that's where we've been staying for weeks before he attacked. For all we know, he and his men can be there now, just waiting for us to go back. It's not safe. We didn't go to hell and back for and with Y/N to be shot up in a place that they are already aware about. It's just too risky for her life and ours."

"So we just leave everything there and run?" Jin asks. "Running away from this is exactly what Hyunsoo wants. He wants us scared. I think that staying here, we can stand stronger. This is our terrain, backing down will only make us seem weak."

"We're not debating based on the fact of appearances." Hoseok, who has been quiet the whole meeting speaks up. He sits straighter than his lounging position he was previously in.

"We're choosing based on the fact that if we stay, we put everything we've worked for at risk. We risk Y/N and we risk being killed ourselves. Waiting for Hyunsoo to surface will take long enough. Weeks, months. But going back to a place he knows exists only puts us out in the open."

The table erupts in arguments and debates, trying to convince one another what choice is the right thing to do.

I shake my head, thinking about Hyunsoo. They couldn't find him or get close to him for years. But when I sent him a small message, he appeared in a snap.

"It can't be that complicated..." I mumble to myself, shaking my head. Taehyung head turns to me in my peripheral vision.

"Hm?" he hums, poking my splinted elbow gently.

I look at him, thinking and looking back at my feet again.

"It shouldn't be that complicated. Finding him. Looking for him."

"You're all making this shit too difficult and problematic!" Jimin argues with Jungkook, voice raised. "This is a no-brainer, we need to lay low-"

"Maybe laying low is the problem." I say, cutting Jimin off, everybody quieting down at my sudden comment. "It won't help now."

"Thank you!" Jungkook points at me. "She knows wha-"

"I'm not agreeing with you." I snap at him. "I'm taking a different perspective. The end goal here is to get Hyunsoo in our hands here, correct?"