4. Escape

—————————

—————————

Jin gets up to help Taehyung and I sit still, lowering my gaze to fiddle with the medical tape. But I feel Taehyung's eyes burning into my back. I run a hand through my wet hair and grab a bandage wrap.

"Jin, I can just finish myself." I say, getting up, wincing from the cuts on my feet. I grab my shirt.

"Y/n wait." Taehyung's voice calls. I stop and turn at the doorframe, giving him a hard stare.

"If you're expecting any apology or remorse, stop looking." I say flatly and pull my shirt over my head.

"I don't want an apology." He shakes his head.

"To hurt me back?" I point at my shoulder. "You're gonna have to wait your turn."

"I just wanna talk." He says.

"About which part? The part where you tried to take me or the part where I defended myself."

"Both." He growls and then softens his tone to calm down. "Look, we just wanted to talk."

"That's one hell of a way to say you wanna talk." I scoff. "Next time I need to talk to Jin, I'll surprise him in the middle of the night and kidnap him."

"We had no choice."

"Yeah? Neither did I."

"Y/n." Jin says and I sigh. "We're just trying to help."

"So I've heard." I say and with that, I left the kitchen, hopping up the stairs, careful how I step.

I close my bedroom door and take a breath. I need to get out of here. How am I supposed to live with him? The weight that I stabbed him and I'm casually living with him? The other boys are going to resent me and I can't live like that. I look at the time. It's 10:30pm.

I pace in my room for a while, thinking through what I can do. Someone knocks on my door. I look up and tense up, my hands placed on the handles of some scissors on my desk.

"Who is it?"

"Yoongi." I open a crack in the door.

"Yeah?"

"Let me in, I have something." He says and I hesitate to open the door. I slowly widen the gap and he comes in, something shiny in his hand. My face relaxes and I shut the door.

"Thank you." I say as he hands me the familiar gold plated combat knife. I run my finger on the flat part of the clean blade. He cleaned it? At least Jimin's useful for something.

"Namjoon told me. Just make sure Jimin doesn't see it. I kind of just took it from his room." He says and I let out a light laugh.

"Sneaky." I say.

"Well that's what we're supposed to do." It slips out of his mouth and he quickly stops talking. I just realized I don't know what they do.

"I never asked. What's your guy's positions." I say and he bites his lower lip. "Cmon I told you my story. Well the part that I knew at least."