Chapter 30 - Aftermath Of The Moon

Sapphire's POV

I had my arms wrapped around Emilia, basically hugging her while she slept comfortably in our bed. "She is so beautiful now, isn't she?" Amber asked me in a whisper. I looked over to my mate, before nodding while letting out a small hum. "She was always beautiful, babe." I told her. Amber then chuckled before I suddenly saw Emilia opening her eyes. 

The first thing that she did was to caress my body, her hand trailing down my bare chest before I let out a small moan as she began to touch me. "Let me see your eyes, my little vampire." Amber purred in her ear before she turned her head to look at her, smiling a little too. 

"A perfect glowing red." she told my mate before I watched her head turn to look at me again. She was quite silent which was kind of normal, I think. She had only been turned a few hours ago.  "Say something to us, our little beautiful vampire..." Amber purred into Emilia's ear, making me immediately see how much goosebumps she had on her skin. 

I pressed my lips against hers softly, assuring her that it was alright to feel different. She was totally new to being one of us. Then, she started to sit me up using her free hand while her other hand was still touching me. "She is going to bite you, babe." Amber told me, which made me widen my eyes at this. 

"What's the matter?" Emilia asked me, her eyes glowing at me as she started to lean in. "Nothing, Em. I am just..." I started to hesitate at the word that I was trying to think of...

"Scared that I might drain you because I am new?" Emilia finished my sentence off for me. Holy shit. "Our bond...you have read my mind..." I then said to her before I wrapped my arms around her again with a small smile forming on my lips. "I did?" she responded, making me immediately nod. 

I then tilted my head to the side before feeling her fangs slide into my neck, making me moan out her name. "E...Emilia!..." 

Her feeding was going okay, until she started to become a little rough on me which made Amber place her hand on her shoulder. "Pull away. Now." she ordered her before she obeyed and slowly pulled her fangs out. 

"That wasn't even a minute!" she whined, her pleading eyes attached to Amber's as she was giving her puppy eyes. "Please give me some more time with my mate..."

"You started to become rough with her. So no. For now, you will have to be on blood bags until you have adjusted to the new you."

"That's not fair!"

"It is fair, Emilia! I know what you are going through. Listen to me, please!"

"I AM LISTENING!" Emilia yelled at her. Then everything went silent before I watched Amber walk into the bathroom to hopefully calm herself down. I turned to look at Emilia, I realised that her eyes weren't glowing anymore, they were just a watery light red as she was...crying.

"What is happening to my body, Sapphire? Did I hurt you? Did I do something wrong?" she then began to ask me multiple questions. 

"Your body is going through changes, Em. You didn't hurt me, and you didn't do anything wrong. I assure you." I tried assuring her until Amber walked back in. 

"The shower is on, Sapphire. Let's get in together." Amber then told me which made me raise my eyebrows at that. "What about me?" Emilia asked. 

"You can go last. You don't need us." What the fuck?

"Amber, what the fuck? Can't you see that she has snapped out of it?" I asked her with some pain in my tone. This was hurting my chest!

"Yes, I can see that..."

"Fucking look at her!" I cut her off. She didn't even look at her!

"Look at who?" she asked me. Oh come on...

I turned my head to look at Emilia...who was gone. And I saw a pair of clothes went missing too as the wardrobe was wide open. 

Please don't tell me she ran off in a bad state...