Chapter 5 - Vampire Ruler

// I hope you love the new book cover, everyone. Thank you for the follows, even though I feel like a piece of shit with all the drama on here recently. Writing makes me feel better, especially this book and Not So Human. Love you all. Anyway...enjoy the chapter. 

It has been a couple of days since I ran away to start my new life somewhere else and that was with Sapphire. The most popular girl, who was a vampire hunter. And I was one too. 

"You did really well. I am seriously proud of you, Em. You killed a vampire on your own without any help!" Sapphire congratulated me as we were walking back to the house, my legs felt like they were on fire from running around like a maniac. I was covered in dirt and a bit of blood, but that was normal for a vampire hunter. I let out a yawn before Sapphire wrapped her arm around my waist, keeping me up as I was slowly passing out from exhaustion.

"We are almost there, Em. Come on, just a little further." she assured me before we came to a stop just outside the house. "And we are here..." she started to say, her eyes landing on a red enveloped letter, just sticking out from the bottom of the door. 

"Okay. You can go in the house and have a shower to clean yourself up a bit and I will have mine after." she told me, opening the door. I walked into the house before slowly walking up the stairs like a old lady. I never knew this would be so tiring...

I turned on the shower before quickly removing my clothes and weapons, dumping them onto the floor and walked into it. I let out a soft moan as I felt the hot water touch my bare skin, sending chills down my spine. 

A few minutes later, I was drying myself off before Sapphire came rushing up the stairs. "What's wrong?" I asked her immediately. "They found us, Em. They fucking found us..." she replied with some heavy breathing which terrified me. 

"What did the letter say?" I asked her before she handed me the letter. It wasn't really a letter, it was a invitation to see the vampire ruler. They got a black car coming to the home address. "This is really bad...really really bad..." Sapphire told me.

"Calm your breathing, Sapphire. Let me get dressed." I said to her before she realised that I was basically in the nude which made her blush a bright red. She then quickly walked out of the room and went back downstairs. Was this giving her a flashback to where Amber got taken from her? It might be...

I got myself dressed in a long sleeved black t-shirt with some non-padded burgundy trousers. "Emilia!!" I heard Sapphire yell my name, which made me go downstairs to see what else was the matter. Oh no...

"Look at me, Sapphire." I told her softly, while we heard the car door slam. Sapphire turned her head to look at me, "You have to be strong for yourself." I said to her which made her nod. "Yes...I do have to be strong for myself, you are right. Thank you." she thanked me before we heard the door knock. 

"We will go to their base, whatever you may call it...and we will listen to what the vampire ruler has to say to us. Got it?" I asked her. 

"Got it." 

I gave her a soft smile of reassurance before Sapphire opened the door. "Are you both ready to see our ruler?" a tall short black haired woman asked us. We nodded before we both began to walk out of the house. Goodbye, home...we will hopefully see you again soon.

Walking to the car with the woman felt like a death sentence, but we had to do it. For some...weird reason. Was the letter compelling us? Don't be so dumb, Emilia. As we were walking towards the car, the passenger doors automatically opened. I then stepped into car, Sapphire following my move shortly after. The doors then closed and off we went.

We didn't talk at all during our journey, we just sat completely still like statues. We were absolutely terrified, to be fair. After an hour, the car stopped and the doors opened once again, revealing a castle. "Oh my god." Sapphire said in a scared tone. "She is waiting for you at her throne now." the woman told us. I got out of the car first, walked over to Sapphire and held out my hand. She hesitated slightly before she took my hand.

And off we go to our doom. 

I took a deep breath in, then out as we walked into the large castle. I was trying to be brave on the outside, but I was very scared on the inside. Another woman joined us, who looked like a butler. She took us to a ball room, where the ruler was at. 

"Thank you, Millie." the vampire ruler spoke just as we were entering. I watched Sapphire's eyes widen. The ruler had a black veil which was covering her face, so we couldn't tell what she looked like, her skin was a solid cold white. The door then closed behind us. 

"Welcome to my castle, hunters." the ruler began to speak to us, "I am sure you will like it here as we are all quite friendly." 

"Lies..." Sapphire mumbled before she let go of my hand so that she could cross her arms in disgust towards the vampire ruler. Then, the vampire ruler lifted up her head, before taking off her veil, dropping it onto the hard rock floor. Her dark orange hair was tied up in a crown bun, her eyes a satisfied deep red when she saw Sapphire.

Sapphire's eyes quickly widened before she let out the loudest scream I have ever heard from her. This made the vampire ruler grin at her, exposing her long fangs. I quickly wrapped my arms around Sapphire as she quickly collapsed onto the floor, tears streaming down her face while passing out. What the hell?

I then turned to look at the vampire ruler, which actually was...

"You must be Amber then..." I found myself saying to her. She then stood up and walked over to us, before she went down on her knees in front of Sapphire; "Yes, I am. I bet she told you about me. Poor little thing...take her up to my bedroom." Amber ordered the Guard who was standing by the doorway. 

"I don't think so."