Chapter 16 - One Upset Mate

Sapphire's POV

I was feeding on a young woman at the age of who knows. I was starting to lose some control, which made me drink more deeply. Then, I felt a familiar hand touch my shoulder. I immediately obeyed and pulled my fangs out from the girl's neck before watching her body collapse onto the ground like as she was a doll that was removed from her strings. This wasn't me. This was my dark side. 

When I turned to look at whoever touched my shoulder, it was Amber. Was she meant to be with Emilia? Unless something went terribly wrong with trying to have a friendship...

I could see it in her eyes that she was upset. "What happened with Emilia, babe?" I asked her, licking my bloody lips a little. The poor girl's blood tasted slightly bitter which meant to me that she wasn't exactly healthy. 

"Let me clean you up first, yeah?" she then asked me before she grabbed my hand and started to lead me out of the room. A few minutes later, we were in a private bathroom with a sink instead of just one large bath tub. The first thing that I saw was my reflection. 

"What the fuck..." I whispered, in shock at how bloody my mouth was. The girl's blood was down my chin too...

I watched Amber grab a piece of white cloth, before she started to wet it with some water from the tap. She then started to clean my mouth and chin for me. "Emilia had a go at me." she then told me, cutting the silence off. "What about?" I asked, wanting to know more. 

"First, she asked me if I forced you to be turned. I didn't reply to her accusation, then she asked me so many questions and even mocked me in a place where I just felt the need to run away again."

"What do you mean by her mocking you?" 

"She mocked my title. You know, me being a ruler and shit." she told me. 

I let out a small sigh as I let Amber finish. Once she did, I gave her a kiss of assurance. "You have done a great job with this castle. I assure you that she didn't mean it. She doesn't know you enough to notice that you had a rough start to your new chapter." I said to her before she nodded. 

"Thank you." she said to me before she gave the super sweet smile at me. "And this is why I fell in love with you during high school. Your beautiful smile." I told her before I watched her blush. 

Then, we heard a knock on the door. 

// Sorry if the chapter was slightly boring.