Chapter 25 - A Chat With Millie

Millie then brought me outside to the garden, which was actually quite massive. My old home never had a garden like this, it was just a plain field with no flowers or fresh fruit and vegetables. The garden was truly beautiful, as it had flower bushes along the sides of the fence. All of it pretty much looked like it was all built a few days ago...

"There is a whole lot more to see out here, but I will let Amber give you a small tour later, once she has dealt with Sapphire." Millie told me, before she walked ahead in front of me to a couple of benches which were a gorgeous pearl white. She then sat down, gesturing me to sit down next to her by patting the wooden platform. Millie was still wearing her black and red suit, seeing that she was just dismissed. 

When I sat down next to her, she turned her head to look at me with a small smile on her face. "Why are you smiling at me for?" I asked her. 

"Oh it's nothing. I am just happy to have the rest of the day off, especially on a beautiful summer's day like this." she replied before she looked up at the delightful blue sky. There was no clouds, just a lovely dark shade of blue. "I thought vampires can burn in the daylight." I told her, before I watched Millie's eyes widen a little, then she softened them as she giggled at me. 

"Believe it or not, I am actually an human." she then told me which made my mouth hung open slightly in shock. "How old are you?" I asked her in all of a sudden. Wow, Emilia. That was rude.

"I'm sorry, that just came out of...-"

"I am nearly 30 years old, my birthday is tomorrow." Millie cut me off with her answer. "Oh! Happy birthday for tomorrow." I congratulated her. 

"Thank you. So, how do you feel about having Amber and Sapphire as your mates?" she asked me, "I feel quite overwhelmed, to be completely honest with you." I replied. "Why?" 

I then leaned in to her ear as I whispered, "Their bodies look like they have been made from heaven." I then pulled away from her, my cheeks a boiling hot red. I cannot believe I just confessed that to a person I don't really know. "Well, now I know why you feel overwhelmed about them being your mates." she said. I slowly nodded. 

"You can ask me a question now." she then told me before she laid back on the bench. I then started to hesitate at the question that I was going to ask her. "Any question at all?" I asked her. "Yes, any question that you have for me. Don't be shy now." 

Well, here goes nothing...

"Have you ever found love?" I asked her. "I never found love once, sadly." she replied. "Surely you must have found some love in your life, you can't be alone forever." I told her before I watched her eyes suddenly turn from a normal brown to a light purple. I thought she was human?

Then, her eyes turned back to brown as she shook her head. "What just happened to you?" I asked her. "It's n...nothing. I need to go and sort myself out. I am sorry to cut this chat short." she told me before I watched her quickly get up and began running back into the castle, leaving me to enjoy the weather while I was out here. 

I took off Amber's black cardigan that I was wearing, leaving me in just a vest. I let out a deep sigh, trying to figure out on what just happened to Millie. I hoped that she was alright. Why did her eyes suddenly turn into a light purple, then went back to her normal eye colour? 

I tied the cardigan around my waist as I started to make my way back inside, since I was beginning to get quite hot and I didn't want to get sunburned. 

// My left eye has been twitching so much while typing this chapter...