Chapter 6 - A Fight With Her Ex

Sapphire's POV

I woke up on a dark blue silk covered bed which fit for a Queen, as it was quite massive and comfortable. I can't believe that...my ex was one of them and even worse, the ruler of them all. How did this happen? Suddenly, I saw a damp black cloth come towards my face, which made my body jump away from it in shock. And there she was, right beside me.

"Where is Emilia? Tell me right this instant." I ordered her, clearly not giving a damn about her being a vampire ruler. "So that's her name. Very innocent, is it not?" she said. She licked her lips, which were covered in blood. Oh no. "She is my friend." I told her, sitting up slowly. 

"I know, but she could mean a whole lot to us both. I didn't realise it at first..."

"Enough with the bullshit, Amber! How the hell are you even a ruler of the most wretched kind of creatures...-"

"Quiet!" she tried to order me through a hiss. See what I mean about them being wretched and unkind? 

"I will not be silenced by you. Tell me where she is. You have thirty seconds." I ordered her in a tone that shocked me quite a bit but not enough to stop me from what I want to say.

This made her lean in close to my ear, before she whispered into it; "She is currently being washed by my servants. We can join her if you want..."

I then went to stop her from saying anymore shit by slapping her across the face, but my hand didn't connect to her face, it hit her left fang. I brought my hand back immediately, as I watched Amber's eyes turn into a deeper red as she licked her fang with her tongue, which had a drop of my blood. "You are not the person that I loved." I told her before I began to get up from the bed, until I felt her grab onto my ponytail, bringing me back down with a small thud against the mattress.

I wasn't going to let her bite me. "But I am the same person. Just a little bit different." Amber said to me, climbing her way onto my body so that she was pinning me down. "What the fuck are you doing?!" I growled at her, turning my head to look at her. 

I felt her undo the ponytail, letting my long hair fall onto my face. I quickly moved it to the side, accidentally exposing my neck. I had no choice but to physically fight with her. 

I let out a loud growl from the back of my throat, lifting my body up which made Amber fall backwards onto the bed. "Oh, we are fighting now aren't we?" she asked me with no emotion at all which I hated. I turned around, pinning her down with my body before I raised my hand again, slapping her across the face with a loud smacking sound. I continued to slap her until her eyes became a dark purple. 

I stared at her for a few seconds, finding myself under her control. Fuck. 

"What you did, was too far." she began to tell me, "We had enough of fighting with strong humans like yourself. You are mine. Emilia is ours too..."

"She knows nothing about vampires, all she knows that they are creatures that shouldn't exist." I told her, my mind coming out of her control. Her hand then touched the side of my tear stained cheek, leaning herself up before her lips locked onto mine. I didn't kiss her back at all. She was not the person that I loved anymore.

She pulled away from the kiss before she let out a sigh. "I was given a fresh new life, Sapphire. You are supposed to be happy for me. For us..." she began to give me the talk before I interrupted her.

"A fresh new life? You must be kidding me. Like I said before, I don't love you anymore. Deal with it." I said before I removed myself from the situation, walking out of the room. 

What did she mean about Emilia being...something more to us? I don't get it. Vampires can't have two mates, it was impossible...unless Amber was extremely lucky.