Chapter 1 - Runaway Birthday Girl

// Welcome to Love Bitten 3, where many of my ideas come together over time. Enjoy. Vote. Share.

Emilia's POV

"One."

"Two.

"Three."

"Happy birthday to you..." I began to open my eyes as soon as I heard my parents sing to me. They were like two guardian angels. I loved them with my strong beating heart. As they continued to sing the classic birthday song, I turned around so I could smile at them, which I did. Until I realised that there was something off about them. Their eyes were not normal. "Uh..." I began to say, trying to figure out on what to actually say to them.  I continued to listen to their beautiful singing voices, while trying to think. But I couldn't think.

Why were their eyes...red? 

Once they finally finished singing, they started to clap, which made me blush from embarrassment. It was like a tradition. When I turn into a older number, they always clap. I looked at the end of my single bed, noticing that there was a few presents. That's nice to see in this...early morning. 

"What were you trying to say, darling?" I was asked by my creepy mother. "Nothing." I told her simply without looking at her. I then scooted down the bed to get to my presents. One of them was quite tall, almost like a wine bottle. I wasn't really in the mood for this. I got home really late yesterday, as there was a leaving party for all of the older students. I was one of them, you know as I was seventeen. Now, I was officially a young adult. 

I was about to pick up a present which looked like it could be a mobile phone, but my other mother picked the wine bottle up instead before she handed it to me. "You know I don't like alcohol." I told them both.

"We know, darling. But, it would taste very nice. It is strawberry flavoured." my mother told me. You know what, to get rid of the confusion, I should refer them as their real name...

I was honestly kind of scared to see what the wine bottle would actually be, seeing as their eyes were still a bright red. I began to tear the red, sparkly wrapping paper. 

My hands began to immediately shake as I was h...holding...

"Is this a prank?" I asked them, before I slowly looked up at them in total disappointment and pure confusion. "No. It isn't a prank." Callie told me. I then looked down at the wine bottle...which was full of human blood. 

I felt like I was a living statue, because I was just staring at the bottle like a crazy person. "Am I awake right now?" I asked them, looking up at them again until suddenly I let out a scream as I saw that they had fangs. They...they were...

"VAMPIRES?!" I screamed at them. As a reply, they started to smile before they nodded. "You want...You want me to become..."

"One of us. Come on, darling. It will be fun. Now, hold still..." Callie cut me off before she started to touch my hair, moving it onto one side...

"I am really sorry to say this, but no!" I told them before I immediately got up from the bed and ran over to the wardrobe. I grabbed a few things and stuffed them into my empty backpack. "What do you think you are doing? Emilia!" Esther began to ask me but I was already gone. I ran downstairs quickly, before I unlocked the front door and continued to run. 

"EMILIA!!" Esther screamed my name through a window from my bedroom. 

I ran down the streets with tears going down my cheeks. I didn't know where to go...I just ran further down the path and ran into a forest. I was quite an athletic person, so my legs didn't get tired until I heard a twig snap behind me. Shit. 

"Stay where you are and turn around slowly, so I can see you." an unfamiliar female voice instructed me. I began to breathe heavily as I slowly turned around, raising my hands up at the same time. I must have looked like a wreck. I had my eyes shut, not wanting to look at the female who was probably a police officer. 

"I am not one of them...please don't kill me." I started to plead with the stranger before opening my eyes to look at her. She wasn't a police officer at all. She was holding a pointed stick, but I could tell there was so much more to it as there was some blood stains on it. 

Once she knew that I wasn't a threat, she let out a small sigh before putting her weapon away into her trouser pocket. As the sun started to shine onto us, I saw that she was covered in dirt and blood too. I was just wearing a burgundy t-shirt and some comfortable shorts. I slowly raised down my hands while staring at the woman. Her dark brown eyes suddenly looked familiar to me, but the rest of her didn't. 

"Fuck..." she then said as she nervously rubbed the back of her neck. "Do...Do I know you?" I asked her. "Come with me." she replied before she began to walk further into the forest. Was I missing something? 

I followed her to a water fall which was only a couple of minutes away. The water fall was only little, but big enough for a nature shower. I placed down my backpack before sitting down on a rock, admiring the beautiful reflection of the sun in the water. 

This familiar...but strange woman began to undress in front of me, I quickly turned my head away. I heard her giggle. "You can look now." she told me before I turned my head back to look at her. 

"Do you always come here to bathe?" I asked her, "Not always. Just sometimes on beautiful days like this." she replied to me before she tilted her head back into the water. 

"What's your name?" I asked her.

I watched her tilt her head back forwards, before she gave me a small frown. "You don't fully recognise me..." 

I shook my head. 

"My name is Sapphire."