Chapter 26 - Exploring Some More

I wasn't quite sure when to go back to Amber's bedroom, because I was scared of bothering them. So, I decided to explore more of the glorious castle, to waste some time. It was slowly turning into the evening so I decided to try and find the kitchen. Sounds easy, right? 

Well...I was very much wrong as the castle was actually much larger than I thought. It was almost like a mansion, but much older. "Are you lost, Emilia?" I heard a familiar voice ask me from behind. I turned around to see Haylie, "Do you know where the kitchen is? I am a bit hungry." I replied, asking her how to get to it. 

"The kitchen is private because of all the chefs working in there. What do you want for food? I don't mind of taking your order since I let Millie have the rest of the day off." she answered, also offering to take my order. I gave her a small smile before telling her that I just wanted a chicken salad. "Okay. I will see what they can do for you." Haylie told me before she turned around and began to walk away from me so that she could place the order for me. 

A few minutes later of walking around, I found out where the dining room was and saw where the feeding rooms were...yeah. That was a thing. 

"What are you doing?" I heard Amber suddenly ask me in my ear, which made me let out a small squeal of surprise. "J...Just exploring." I replied before she picked me up, bridal style. "Where are you taking me?" I asked her. "I am taking you to my bedroom so you can eat your salad there. Sapphire is back to her normal self now, so it is all safe." she told me. 

"Should I be eating in the dining room?" I asked her before I was already in the bedroom, somehow. She used her vampire speed to bring me up here. "You are not a servant, so no. I want you to be right here like a good girl you are." she replied as she placed me down onto the bed. Then, I watched her grab the tray that was used when she made me the breakfast, then she also placed that down in front of me. 

The smell coming from the salad was incredible. I wasted no time into picking up the fork and began eating. "Did you talk to Millie, earlier?" she asked me. I swallowed my mouthful and replied, "Yep. We were happily chatting away together until her eyes suddenly turned light purple."

I then watched Amber's eyes widen before we heard a scream literally just a few rooms down from where we were. 

"INTRUDER!!!" Haylie yelled which immediately caught Amber's attention and ran out of the room. I was still eating my salad so I didn't know what was going on... 

"Haylie! What's the matter?" I heard Amber ask her, before I watched the door magically close on its own as their voices become muffled but still quite clear...

"You got it all wrong, Haylie! This is Bella." 

"Who?" 

"Are you fucking deaf, woman? My name is Bella and this is my long lost mate. I have been trying to find her for decades and I finally found her. After all these years, I found her and you cannot split us apart." 

"Oh yes I can...-"

Then, I heard a loud slap. Oh god...