Chapter 15 - Why Are You So Pretty?

"Wake up, my pretty human. It is time to eat your breakfast." 

I opened my eyes, looking directly at a tray full of food with a glass of a smoothie which smelt like mango and strawberries. I sat up slowly, trying to not make it spill. The first thing that was on my mind was, where was Sapphire? She wasn't here with me which made me wonder. Why did she leave me with her creepy girlfriend? 

"Where is Sapphire?" I asked Amber, who had her hair tied up in a messy bun this time. She was wearing a black bra with some knee length shorts. At least she wasn't naked. God, that was awkward last night. I really did NOT enjoy myself.

"She is in one of the feeding rooms. She will be back in a few minutes." she told me. 

"Aren't you supposed to be with her?" I then asked her. This made her frown for a few seconds. "I should...but I would rather stay here and see if you were alright." she replied before she watched me pick up a fork, putting it in a piece of a pancake. I used to have pancakes everyday with my parents...

I let out a small sad sigh, before putting the pancake in my mouth. I began to chew it, becoming sadder by the second. I wasn't depressed, I was just sad that my parents had been a lie. 

"Why are you so pretty?" I was asked by Amber. I suddenly felt my cheeks boil up with...I don't even know. I never had that compliment before in my entire life. I didn't reply to that, as I was still eating. The pancakes were deliciously cooked with such love. Did she cook these herself, or did a chef make it for me? 

"You got the most gorgeous blonde hair I have ever seen..." she continued to compliment me, her hand touching a strand of my hair which was over my left eye. "Do you ever plan on cutting it? I would like to style it for you, if you would let me." she offered.

I started to feel slightly shy and quite embarrassed. I don't know why, but I just feel weird around Amber. Was I attracted to her? I knew that I was attracted to Sapphire since we kissed...and I did actually have a crush on her too when we were at high school. 

A few minutes later, I finished eating my breakfast. I felt completely full.

"Wow, you were quite hungry huh?" she asked me with a small chuckle. She then picked up the tray and walked with it to the door. I watched her place the tray outside against the wall before she closed the door afterwards. 

"I am adopted." I began to say to her, "I grew up with my parents who are vampires. They tried to turn me on my birthday, which was a few days ago now. I am 18 years old and I never experienced love like this. I didn't know my sexuality until now. Okay?"

Amber stared at me with surprised eyes. Her eyes then quickly softened as she began to walk towards me and sat down on the end of the bed. 

"I am very sorry to hear that. I am not the person who you think I am. I won't use any kind of force on you...-"

"What about your girlfriend? You turned her using force. Didn't you?" I cut her off, using a deep tone on her. I expected for her to punish me, but she didn't. She was completely silent on me. 

"Am I right, Amber? The leader of the vampires? What happened to the person who turned you? Did they help you at all? If so, what with?" I continued to have a go at her. 

Then, she got up and started to walk towards the door again. She then placed her hand on the door handle and what she said to me, was really unexpected.

"She gave me a home to take care of." 

Then she left.