Chapter 2 - Sapphire

Sapphire...that name does ring a bell. I then suddenly let out a small gasp of realisation. Sapphire was one of the most popular girls in my old school, every single boy used to come up to her to ask her on a date, but she denied every single of them because they were 'untrustworthy'. I remember actually talking to her before she had to go somewhere far away...

"Oh my god. Sapphire?" I asked her before she nodded. 

"Sapphire, the one that denied every boy in the entire school?" I asked her. She nodded before she began to blush. "Yep. That's me." she told me before she began to walk out of the water. Was she done already? I turned away again, giving her some privacy...well we were in the middle of the forest. At least there was nobody around apart from us. 

A few minutes later, she told me that it was okay to look again. I picked up my backpack before placing it over my shoulder. "So, what happened to you? Why do you have that stick?" I asked her as we began to walk together down a pathway. "This stick isn't just a stick. It is far more brutal than that." she replied, "Luckily, we are in the daytime so we don't have to worry about them for now." 

"Vampires, huh. Why do they exist?" I asked her before she let out a sigh, "You tell me. One minute the world is full of humans, the next minute...vampires started to come out of fucking nowhere." she replied. A couple of hours later, we arrived at her house which was pretty hidden, isolated in a heavy tree-filled forest. 

"Does that weapon have a name? You never said during our catch up." I asked her. 

"It is called a stake." she answered my question with basically no emotion at all. Alright then.  It looked like she has said that several times. She opened the front door of her house before stepping inside. It felt like a home, but at the same time...it felt like it has been abandoned for a while. Was there something more to it or was I daydreaming? 

"My parents were taken, almost a year back." she began to tell me, taking off her belt which carried the stake. "They were taken by those blood suckers. I don't know where they took them, but they didn't kill them. It was like..." 

"Like what?" I asked her. "It was like they were peaceful with me, but I knew they weren't. They were evil, just like the rest of them." she explained. She then let out a soft sigh, before she looked at me. 

"Where are your parents?" she then asked me, "Like...your real ones. Not the fake ones." 

My eyes then widened when she asked me that. I placed down my backpack on the wooden floor before moving over to the living room. I sat down on the brown leather couch, before I began to cry over the fact that I was told by my 'fake parents' that my real ones died. I felt Sapphire sitting down next to me, before she wrapped her arms around me. Comforting me.

"I am really sorry..."

"I...It's fine. You don't know me that well..."

"Take a deep breath in, then out. You can tell me everything that happened." 

I took a deep breath in before breathing out. My tears have stopped flowing from my eyes before I began to tell her about what happened. After a while, she has decided to let me stay with her, away from my vampire parents. She was a kind girl, and I was happy about that. Very happy.

Didn't I mention that she was going to give me a training session as a birthday present?