Chapter 17 - A Quick Apology

Emilia's POV

Being the nice girl that I was, I decided to apologise to Amber for what I said. I should have kept my talkative mouth shut. I had to change out of the bath robe that I was wearing, so I was now wearing a light blue dress with some buttons right at the top. I took a deep breath as I was trying to find where she was, so I could apologise to her. Ugh. That's me being talkative. 

Suddenly, I began to hear a conversation through a door that I passed. I knew it was Sapphire and Amber, because I fully recognise their voices. I gave a simple little knock on the door and when it opened, it revealed them in the middle of a...rough conversation as Amber had a small tear rolling down her pale cheek. 

"I came to apologise to you, Amber. I am really sorry for saying stuff I shouldn't have said in the first place. I...-"

"It's completely fine, Emilia. I will forgive you as you are my mate and another true love." Amber told me, stopping me from saying more apologies. I really don't like that word. 'Mate'. It has such a...I don't even know what it has behind it. It sounds quite dirty to me in a way. 

Sapphire then suddenly let out a small growl from the back of her throat, staring right at me. I then looked at her, her eyes glowing a deep hungry red. Hasn't she just fed as a blood stained cloth was sitting in the pearl white sink? I let out a small nervous giggle as she continued to stare me down, her eyes searching me...

"Right, I think you should get changed." Amber told Sapphire, before snapping her fingers at her which immediately got her attention again. Phew...

"But, she looks so hot in that dress...she reminds me of you." Sapphire then said to her. Okay, that was quite the compliment. Probably the most sexual compliment ever. Ha...

"I know. Go and get changed. I will be with you again shortly." she told her before Sapphire let out a sigh and started to walk away from her, heading towards me. She stopped at the doorway, where I was at. "Sapphire." Amber said, which made her growl again. I watched her for a couple of seconds before turning my head to look at Amber.

"What was that about?" I asked her, my fingers fiddling with the bottom of my dress. 

"You have witnessed a instinct." Amber replied, before she looked at the sink before turning on the tap to clean the cloth properly with some soap. "A instinct?" I asked, my curious trait kicking in. "If you want to know what that is, it is a vampire thing. If I wasn't here, she would have took you to bed." she then explained to me. Oh. 

I watched her wash the cloth in the sink for a couple of minutes before she finished and turned around to look at me. "Come on, I want you to meet a friend of mine. The person who turned me." she then said to me before she dried her hands off in a towel which was hanging by the sink. 

She then walked towards me and grabbed my hand. "Where are we going now?" I asked her, before she began to walk with me.

"We are going to her study room. She does her work there."

"So she is alive?" 

"Yep. She is second in command, so I am not the only person who is the ruler in this castle." she told me before we were then outside of the study room. 

Why the hell do I feel nervous again?