Chapter 24 - Amber's Realisation

Emilia's POV

Sapphire's body started to fall towards me, making me immediately move to catch her. My eyes widened in shock. "How did you do that?" I asked Amber, who was walking towards me so that she could pick up Sapphire bridal style, "Don't tell her this, but I made her pass out." she replied, before making her way past me, carrying Sapphire somewhere. I ended up following Amber, wanting to see where she was taking her. 

She walked down the hall and into her bedroom, I watched her place her body carefully down onto the best bed in the world. Amber then turned to look at me with a tint of sadness in her eyes. "What's wrong?" I asked her, before she shook her head. "I don't think I can do this anymore. Being a leader, I mean." she replied, her voice beginning to crack. Seeing her upset makes me feel the same way.  We were bonded, of course...

"If you want I can..."

"No. You can't watch her over. She will wake up and drain you completely dry." she cut me off. I let out a sad sigh as she continued to talk to me, "I will ask someone who I deeply trust to take over. I just hope she can accept it for me." 

"Millie?" I asked her, before she nodded. "Why not Haylie?" I asked her, trying to give her some ideas on what she could do. "Haylie doesn't want to do it again. She said that it was far too much for her." she told me. I nodded at her, before I walked up towards her and pressed my lips against hers softly. She kissed me back gently, her eyes a light lovely red. "Do what you need to do, Amber. It is your responsibility." I gave her some kind advice. This made her smile at me, her hand reached up to caress my cheek.

"What did we do to deserve you, huh?" she asked me before I shrugged my shoulders, "I am just a kind person who doesn't like her body much." I replied. Amber then widened her eyes at me before we heard a small groan from Sapphire. "She is stronger than I thought...normally she would be out for a hour. It has only been about ten minutes." she said to herself before Sapphire began to lick her lips at the scent of me. Oh no.

"Go, now." Amber then ordered me before I wasted no time into getting the hell out of the room. I closed the door shut, before I took a few steps backwards, accidentally bumping into someone. "Good afternoon, Emilia." Millie greeted me, which made me turn around. 

"G...Good afternoon to you too, Millie. Sorry for bumping into you." 

"It's absolutely fine. I have just been dismissed for the day and I was going to have a chat with Sapphire, but...-"

"DO NOT TELL ME WHAT TO DO!"

"What's going on in there?" Millie asked me, "Was that Sapphire?" 

"Sapphire is having another blood lust." I told her. "Oh dear...let me take you somewhere else, probably outside for some fresh air. Then, we can have a nice peaceful chat together, what do you say?" Millie then offered me before I instantly nodded, accepting the offer.