ONE

(Simone Davis) ^
I just wish Star was here with me right now.

My sister and I were separated into different foster homes when I was 11 years old and she was 12. Ever since then, I haven't seen her or heard about how she's doing. Me and her were very close (even though she kinda had her days) so not seeing her everyday kills me.

Our mum, Mary Davis, died when we were younger due to drug overdose. Our mum was actually a R&B singer in a group called Mixed Harmony with her bestfriend  Carlotta who is also my godmother. After my mum passed, Carlotta took Star and I both in until she lost us both and that's when my life went completely wrong.

"Your daddys little girl aren't you", my so call foster father whispered into my ear while laying on top of me. I tried so hard to push him off of me but he wouldn't budge because he is slightly bigger than me.

Whimpers and cries were coming out of my mouth "you're hurting me".

He continued to lay kisses down my neck while I'm here just trying to get out of this. This is how my life was for the past 6 years ever since my sister and I were separated from Carlotta. I was put to my foster parents: Otis and Ruth-Anne. It was alright until my innocence, which is the one thing I wanted to save for my first love, was taken away from me because of my foster father.

He would rape me and sexually abuse me for no damn reason.

As he was still on top of me and I was still crying and wishing this will all stop, my pet bird tweets and then I see a familiar blond hair girl standing at the door. It was Star.

I was so relieved to see her but then I'm worried at the same time tryna wonder how I'm gonna get out of this. I look at her again and this time she has tears in her eyes, as she looks at the man that's on top of me that is still continuing to enjoy what he's doing to me.

"Shhhh" she tells me as she backs up out the room. I don't know what she's doing but I just hope that this all stops right at this moment.

He then starts to take off his drawers, "NO! STOP! PLEASE" I cried. And that's when it happened.

"STAR! OH MY GOD, STOP IT!" All I saw was blood everywhere as Star stabbed Otis two times in the back. "STOP IT" I then pushed his body off of me and he landed on floor.

I took another look at the dead body in front of me in shock and turned towards Star "YOU KILLED HIM!", I cried out. "Oh my... I want... I want mama", I broke down with both hands on my head.

I feel Star grab both my arms and puts it down "Mamas DEAD" she said. "She's not coming back, I came for you. Okay?"

"Oh, God, no". Tears were still flowing down my cheeks as she tried to comfort me but all I wanted was for everything to go back to the way it was when mama was still alive and with me and my sister.

"Where does he keep his keys?"
"In his..." I continued to cry
"WHERE DOES HE KEEP HIS KEYS!" She continued to question as I'm still traumatised by what I just witnessed like 10 seconds ago.
"IN HIS BACK POCKET" I finally let out.

Star then tells me to get my stuff as she gets the keys from the dead mans pants. I run out of the room in tears and continue to listen to what my older sister has told me to do.
————————————-
"How long has he been doing that to you?"
I took a puff from the blunt I have and finally answered "What if they come looking for us?"

She turns her head to me and then turns back to keep her eyes on the road, "they won't, okay? Just don't think about it". I turn to her with worry written all over my face. "You still sing" she asked me.

"Yeah, I still sing" I say to her with the blunt still in my hand. She smiles at me. "Do you still sing?"
She laughs lightly and then starts singing ,
"Don't go chasing -" I chuckle and then joined in.
"Waterfalls, just stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to" we both sang together as we ended with a laugh at the end. 

"You LOVED that song, I hated it so much you played it every single day", Star said to me with a smile on her as she reminisced back when we were little.

"How we gon' to be stars, fool?", I remembered she wanted to be a famous singing girl group like how mama and Carlotta was back then. "I gotta plan".

I looked at her confusingly.

"We're gonna start back at home in Compton, yanno just to start our music there and if we get bigger then we get bigger", she said to me. "And plus remember Andre Young?" "Oooh your childhood bestie", I laughed as I remember my sisters bestfriend back in Compton. They were so close that sometimes I would get jealous cause he would have all my sisters attention. I wonder how he is tho.

Star rolled her eyes and then looked at me " Yes but he makes dope tracks with his group NWA now so I can just talk to him into signing us into his friends record label"

NWA? sounds familiar but anyway back to the point.

I looked at her then said "where we gon live Star?", I didn't really care about the record label thingy she was telling me about because I was more worried about where we gon lay out heads at night. She looks at me with a smile "remember miss Carlotta?". Surprise and excitement was all over my face as she mentioned the name of our godmother. I haven't seen her in ages and I just want to know how she is.

"She's been writing letters to social service saying that she can take us in again since she can be the only family we have left for us". I can't believe we still have family left.

I inhaled one last time and said "well, at least we have a place to crash".

First chapter and first book:) and yes it kinda is based on the star series and some of straight outta Compton movie so like yea.

Vote and comment for more please:)

What Star looks like:)