Part 70: Gay Guys Talk

Tuesday.

"Tharn!" Tong said. He was surprised to see his buddy after few days. He missed Tharn. "So how's your Surat Thani trip huh?"

Tharn smilingly put his backpack on his table. He sat first before replying Tong. He looked up and said, "Amazing!"

"Is Type preggy now?" Tong whispered.

"We're in birth control" Tharn whispered back.

The two laughed. They stopped when Bob came in. He looks serious.

They did the wai.

"Sawasdee krub P Bob!" Tharn and Tong greeted their superior.

"Wadee..." Bob replied. "It's nice to see you back Tharn. Did you enjoy your trip?"

"Krub!" Tharn said before he sit down.

"Your crush is here. Go and impregnate him instead, mueang!" Tharn whispered again and pushed away Tong's hand on his table.

"That's my wish but..." Tong scratched his head before turning around. He moved toward Bob's table.

"How are you feeling now P Bob?" Tong said.

Tharn is secretly observing his best friend. He is surprised that Tong has the courage to ask their superior. Unlike before, Tong was very shy even glancing at P Bob.

"I'm better. Thanks Tong." Bob said.

Tharn was more surprised to P Bob's reply to Tong. They seem very close now and comfortable with each other.

"What would you like today P Bob, orange  or pineapple?" Tong asked.

Tharn almost fell from his chair. He was in disbelief to what he heard.

"Oh are you going to the cafeteria now?" Bob asked Tong.

"Yeah. I have no class in the first period." Tong answered. He is standing in front of Bob's table.

Tharn keeps on evesdropping. He is smiling. He thinks something is happening between Bob and Tong.

Bob stood up to take his wallet from his pocket. He was giving Tong a 100-Baht bill.

"Oh no P Bob. It's on me." Tong said. Then he turned around to go out of the faculty room. Before he went out, he gave Tharn a wink.

Tharn's table is facing Bob's table. Since they are the only two left in the room, he can't avoid looking straight to Bob.

Silence.

The faculty room has 8 tables. The other professors are not around yet.

"Why are you early today Tharn?" Bob said that made Tharn startled.

"There is no traffic jam today P Bob."

"I see." Bob nodded his head.

Silence again.

Tharn is not used to talking to his superior because he knows Bob is a very serious person. Bob seldom talks to anyone. He only talk to Jira always.

"About the night, I'm sorry again Tharn. I was drunk." Bob broke the silence.

Tharn remembered the night when Bob was so drunk and almost made a scene in the neighborhood  he was shouting Gun's name.

"Mai pen rai P Bob." Tharn answered.

"Thank you to you and Type. I hope no one will know that except the three of us. Keep it as our secret, ok. It was an embarassing..." Bob said.

"Yes P Bob. Don't worry. We'll keep it as a secret."

"Such a small world. Who could have thought my ex lives just in front of your house." Bob said while signing some documents.

Tharn was surprised Bob is starting to open up his private life.

Tharn doesn't know how to converse to his superior. He feels awkward to that about something private.

"Are you surprised to know I'm a gay guy?" Bob asked Tharn.

Tharn blushed. He didn't expect Bob to asked that question to him.

"You are. I understand."

"Uhmm no, ... yes..." Tharn uttered.

Bob laughed softly. "No? Yes? What really Tharn?"

Tharn clears his throat. "I mean I was surprised Gun is your ex, P Bob."

Bob nodded. Then he sighed. "He left me. He dumped me. He went to US. Then he came back to make me feel I'm a loser again."

Bob stood up. He opened the refrigerator and got a bottle of mineral water. He gulped before he said another statement. "And I am stupid because I allow him to enter in my life again."

"What???!" Tharn asked himself. He wanted to go out to stop the conversation. But he can't. He was really not comfortable hearing those words from his superior. But he feels his superior is talking to him those private matters because Bob knows he understands him.

And he is right.

"I don't talk about this to anyone. But because you are just like me, I know you understand me."

"Yes P Bob. It's alright." Tharn's voice is slightly trembling.

"Or was it because I knew already your secrets, P Bob. If you didn't show up in our neighborhood, I'm sure you're not going to talk to me about this" Tharn talked to himself.

"I envy you and Type." Bob revealed. "Your marriage, your relationship is so perfect. You're the best gay couple I've met."

Bob attended Tharn and Type's wedding. Tharn recalled Bob's message to them: You are a perfect match, you have a lot in common. You both have fought a good fight because you know it is worth it. Congratulations for a well-deserved marriage. The right time has come for both of you to enjoy a life together. I wish you a lifetime partnership."

Tharn now realized why Bob expressed her message that time very heartfelt. It is because Bob had a failed relationship with Gun. His words seemed based on his experience. But he had no clue that time that Bob is just like them.

"Thank you P Bob. I wish you to find your perfect match. Stay away from Gun. If you believe marriage is a sacred thing, please don't destroy Gun and Rome's marriage." Tharn said.

Tharn could not believe he uttered those words all of a sudden. His heart beats fast waiting for Bob's reply.

Silence.

"Is Gun happy with Rome?" Bob finally said.

Tharn cannot answer his question. Based on what Rome has said yesterday, he can say Gun is not happy with Rome.

Will he lie to Bob just to save Rome and Gun's marriage?

"Gun and Rome are happy..." Tharn lied. He cleared his throat.

"Really?" Bob asked. "If he is really happy with Rome, then why he keeps on coming back to me?"

------------------to be continued-------------------------