Part 28: Rome, The Couple's Intruder

Tharn went back ashore and left Type because he wants to drink

Type, saw from where he is at the moment a sexy guy who looks familiar to him. Rome. Their neighbor.

"Hey neighbor! What a coincidence!" Rome shouted. He is on a mini-invincible boat alone.

Type knew him. He just nodded and decided to follow Tharn.

But the boat came closer to him. "Want some?" Rome offered him a cold softdrinks in can.

"Oh thanks. Tharn just went ashore to get something to drink."

"Come on here." Rome offered his hand to pull Type from the water.

" I saw you two enjoying the water. And I got bored so I decided to come closer. Gun has hangover. He is still sleeping in our cottage."

They're both sitting now on the boat.

Type opened the softdrinks and started gulping it.

"How much did you rent this boat?" Type asked him.

"I don't know. It's Gun who paid for it."

They saw Tharn who is now holding two coconut drinks and waving at them from the seashore. The two waved also. Then Tharn sat on the sand.

"I have to go now to my husband! Thank you." Type jumped off the water.

"I have to go to my husband now."

"Would you come back here. The two of you. Tell Tharn. Please you guys join me here. I don't want to be alone." Rome's eyes seem to be really sad.

Type nodded and then swam towards the seashore.

Rome saw Tharn wiped Type's head with a towel. Then he covered him with it. He saw the couple sipping the coconut juice while happily talking and teasing each other. He feels envious of the sweetness of the two.

Rome's husband has been acting so weird since last night. He left him without telling him to go somewhere and came back to their cottage drunk.

Rome wanted someone to talk. He waved his hand signalling the couple to come to his boat.

He saw Type swam back toward him instead. Tharn left sitting on the beach, waved and smiled at them.

"Tharn had an ankle sprain. He can't swim." Type said.

"Tharn! We will get you there!" Rome shouted.

"Ok, but later. I have to find something for our lunch. Tell Gun, we have to have lunch together ok?" Tharn shouted back.

"Ok, we will get Gun instead then. Wait for us, ok?" Rome shouted.

Tharn nodded his head.

"Where is your cottage?" Type asked Rome.

Rome pointed a cottage about 200 meters from where they are.

"This boat is cool!" Type said as he looked around.

"Would you like to drive this?" Rome asked him.

"No." Type just sit.

"I'll teach you how."

"Oh thanks. I know how to drive a boat like this. We also have like this at our family beach resort. My father runs our beach resort business in our hometown."

"Wow!"

"You and Gun can come with us some time. I'll show you my hometown!"

"That would be great! Thanks man!" He offered Type with another softdrinks in can.

"By the way, why is it that Gun has a hangover while you have none?"

"I didn't drink."

"Oh, you don't like drinking?"

"I like! But Gun went out while I was asleep and drunk alone."

"You know Type, my husband and I have an open relationship."

Type was shocked to know what Rome has just revealed.

"I oppose the concept of open relationship at first. But I can't control him. He likes it. And I don't want to argue about the matter anymore. Until one day I realized, I'm used to it already."

"But you're married already. Open relationship is not normal for married couples. It's not right." Type said in disbelief.

"I thought marrying him will stop it. But it didn't. Marriage, for him, is just a ceremony." Rome said while looking at the sea. His eyes are full of sadness.

"You love him that way. You are blinded by that kind of love. But that makes you sad, right?"

Rome sat beside him. Their talk is becoming serious and deep. Rome pat his shoulder. "Don't be like us. We seem to be perfect to the eyes of others, but the truth is ... it's not perfect."

"Why do you allow him to do that?"

"Because I love him."

"Do you think he loves you really?"

"I don't know Type."

"You love him even he does that to you? Or maybe you do that thing to to other guys? I mean, flirting with other guys even when you're married already?" Type gave Rome a puzzled look.

"I did many times to get revenge to him. To let him feel what and how I feel whenever he does it with other guys."

"Whatttt?!" Type wants to jump off the water at the moment. He was really shocked to what Rome has confessed.

Rome pat again his shoulder. "Don't worry. That was before. I don't do it anymore. Only Gun does it."

"If I were you, ..." Type didn't continue what he said. He must not say something that would make Rome feel stupid.

"If you were me, you must have let him go. You must have left him, right?"

Type nodded.

"If one day, you found out Tharn, flirted with other guys, what will you do?" Rome asked.

"I will leave him right away!" Type said in a strong voice.

"Even you love him very much?"

"If that happens, my love for him will be gone right away!"

"How do you love him?"

Type cannot answer Rome. He just look at his sad eyes. Silence...

The truth is: thinking that Tharn is flirting with another guy makes him weak. Very weak. He loves Tharn so much. He married him. And his life is Tharn. If Tharn would do such cheating, he would break into pieces. Tharn is his happiness. Tharn is his dream. Tharn is his everything.

Silence.

The silence was disturbed by the start of the engine of the boat.

"Let's get Gun now." Rome said.

Type nodded but his mind is still preoccupied by the thought that he will never let anyone get Tharn from him... NEVER!