Episode 3-Epilogue(5): Encountering the Viper...

Start from the beginning

"Speaking of which, we also made something for you all." Quirin said as the elderly leader strolls to the table when he grabs something behind one of his son's inventions and open his hands to reveal three small controllers to the trio.

"You might need these during your journey." Quirin informs with a grin. Perplexed yet curious, Rapunzel grabs the controllers and gaze at them before glancing back at Quirin with a puzzled look.

"What are these?" Rapunzel ask curiously.

"There're monitor watches. I build them two mornings ago before I resume building the time portal. Just in case something happens, press this red button and I'll respond right away." Varian explains. Much to her elation, Rapunzel brought Varian into a huge embrace with a bright grin.

"Thank you so much Varian! This is great! Thank you so much!" She chirps making the young inventor chuckle softly.

"Hehehe happy to help, your highness." He chuckles with a toothy grin. Soon they heard Eugene clapping his hands together.

"Alright! We have our three monitor watch thingys! Let's get to traveling shall we?" Eugene impatiently assures.

"Oh right." Varian nods as he walks up to the machine and pulls down the lever where a bluish-purple glow emits from the portal as it flashes before their eyes. Soon the portal reveals a tall castle shocking the trio.

 Soon the portal reveals a tall castle shocking the trio

"Is that the place?..." Eugene ask curiously. Both Cassandra and Rapunzel stare at the castle where can sense the presence of the sundrop flower and the Moonstone Opal from the portal itself.

"Raps...Are you thinking what I'm thinking?.." Cassandra ask with a dubious look with Owl staring at the castle with caution and the brunette Queen nods with serious look.

"...Yeah. Whatever the case, let's go check and see it." Rapunzel suggests as she turns to her husband.

"Get your stuff ready you guys, this is going to be a rough journey." Rapunzel advises. Eugene gulps for one minute before he could reply.

"Right. Off we go then!" Eugene saluted as he grabs his stuff along with his wife and Cassandra. Afterwards, Rapunzel spun her head sending the young inventor and his father a sweet smile for the last time before they depart.

"We'll let you guys know when we get there, but are you sure you don't want to come with us?" Rapunzel ask curiously as Varian shakes his head to her.

"I can't I gotta keep the water mechanicals under control. But be sure to call me once you get there, ok?" Varian reminds her.

"You can just go with them. I don't mind if I can take care of the machines while you're gone." Quirin advises but he shakes his head once again.

"No dad. I can't leave with the machines running without me there. It's my responsibility to make sure the machines in Corona are functional as it can." Varian informs. Rapunzel looked reluctant at first, but soon understands and nods.

"Alright." Rapunzel replies and turns to his father.

"We'll be leaving now. Please take good care of Varian." She reassures as the elderly leader chuckles and smiles fatherly at them.

"Will do your highness. Stay safe everyone." Quirin assures and Rapunzel smiles warmly at them.

"We will Quirin, thank you." Rapunzel nods with a grin.

"See you guys." Eugene said with a smile.

"We promise to get in touch with you guys once we find the new user." Cassandra reassures.

"Be careful Cassie. Good luck you guys." Varian encourages.

"Farewell your highness and everyone." Quirin waves with a grin as Rapunzel nods and waves back.

"See you guys." Rapunzel and turns to her friends.

"Let's go you guys." She advises and both Eugene and Cassandra nod with Owl bobs his head firmly. Afterwards, the trio grabs their bags and went straight to the portal leaving Varian with thoughts swirling around his mind.

"Be careful your Highness...." Varian mutters. Soon Quirin lays a hand on his shoulder with a grin and he turns to his father.

"Come son, let's get back where we're working on." He assures as he nods with a smile.

"Right." He complies with a smile as he and his father went back to their usual routine in his lab.
———————

"Aah!" Vivien soon let out a gasp and lays her hand to her chest from the vision she saw just now.

"Rapunzel and her comrades....they're coming!" She mutters with her emerald eyes widen in shock where things are going to get hectic today.