The Support

Once I entered the house, I dropped my bag and pulled out my phone. Then I strolled to the kitchen to greet my mom who is cooking pasta for dinner.

"Hey, mom." I greeted my mom with raven hair and grey eyes turned to me with a sweet smile.

"Hi sweetie, how was school?" She asked as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Meh it's was good, but I'm so stoked for school to be over." I chirped plastering a smile and keep my head up high like I usually do try not to think about my now ex-boyfriend. My mother giggled.

"Oh I bet, you've just been exhausted from that hard work. Here, have some chocolate chip cookies that I baked for you." She suggested.

"Aww, nice!" I marveled as I dash to the table and sat down to grab a piece of cookie.

"How was work mom?" I asked while munching a cookie as my mom rolled her eyes.

"Ugh tiring as ever. You know, harvesting plants all day and afternoon." She groaned and I giggled.

"Yeah I don't blame you, being a florist from the flower shop seems like a hassle," I said and my mom shrugged her shoulders.

"Meh. You know how stores are, busy and bustling just like the town of Belle Haven." She reassured me as my mom turned off the stove.

"Especially when your grandparents used to work as a florist and a gardener back when they were young." She told her as my mom placed the pot in the sink next to the strainer.

"But you gotta admit. Both grandma and grandpa are great with gardens and wonderful people in our family." I pointed out.

"Don't forget that you inherited your grandmother's love of singing." My mom added and wipes the sweat off her forehead.

"She was one heck of a singer compared to me. I suck at singing." She admitted and whipped her head at me.

"So tell me, Gloriane, how was Marc doing?" I froze when my mom asked me about my ex-boyfriend and I stare down at the glass table.

"He's...fine, but we're not together anymore." I awkwardly told her causing her to stop stirring the pasta and glance at me with a shocked expression.

"What?" My mom uttered staring at me with shock.

Soon my dad entered the kitchen from upstairs who is probably sweating from all the boxing exercises that he's been doing with a water bottle in his hand.

"Hey Fran, so what's-"

He soon paused and dropped his bottled water when he witnessed me sitting on the table where I am on the verge of crying not caring if the mascara that I'm wearing is dripping down to my cheeks. Out of the blue, my dad grabbed a baseball bat next to the fireplace and swatted down against his hand like he's going to kill somebody with it.

"Alright, who's the wise guy that hurt my baby girl, eh?!" My dad threatened.

"Boi didn't I tell you to put the bat down?!" My mom bellowed.

"But-!"

"Brent put the bat down and sit down so you can understand why she's upset." She menacingly demanded causing him to flinched and throw the bat to the floor. Then he scurried to the table and sat in front of us.

"Tell me Glory, tell me who or what made you this upset?" He asked curiously with worried eyes. I stare down at the floor while twiddling my thumbs.

"Well...."

Soon after I took a minute to breathe, I told my parents everything that happened between me and Marc just now. My mother's reactions were shocked but more subtle way. My mom always sees him as a good person and has given him respect, but now it just shatters right in front of her. My dad was just as shocked as my mom and well....he didn't take the news so lightly.