The First Road To Independence

*The picture that I drew above is Glory's best friends, Harriet and Zara^*

The next day later, it was morning. I rise from my bed and yawned. Then I glanced at the window to see the cherry blossoms blooming in the morning as ever. Witnessing the blooming blossoms, I crept a warm smile.

"Well, at least I get to see the nice view outside in the morning." I giggled softly as I let out a sigh and scratched the back of my head.

"Better get ready for school," I told myself as I got out from my bed, I grabbed my red crop top, black spandex pants, leather jacket, black bra, and red panty from my drawer. Afterward, I left my room to take shower in the bathroom.

While in the bathroom, I pull up my phone and connect my phone to the speaker as I crank up the volume where the song "When Will My Life Begin" by Mandy Moore from one of my favorite Disney movies, Tangled. As soon as the guitar solo began, I soon took off my clothes and pull up the curtains. Then I step into the shower and turn on the switch where I began singing.

Seven a.m., the usual morning lineup
Start on the chores and sweep 'till the floor's all clean
Polish and wax, do laundry, and mop and shine up
Sweep again, and by then it's like 7:15
And so I'll read a book
Or maybe two or three
I'll add a few new paintings to my gallery
I'll play guitar and knit
And cook and basically
Just wonder when will my life begin?
Then after lunch, it's puzzles and darts and baking
Paper mache, a bit of ballet and chess
Pottery and ventriloquy, candle making
Then I'll stretch, maybe sketch, take a climb
Sew a dress!
And I'll reread the books
If I have time to spare
I'll paint the walls some more
I'm sure there's a room somewhere
And then I'll brush and brush
And brush and brush my hair
Stuck in the same place I've always been
And I'll keep wanderin' and wanderin'
And wanderin' and wonderin'
When will my life begin?
And tomorrow night
The lights will appear
Just like they do on my birthday each year
What is it like
Out there where they glow?
Now that I'm older
Mother might just
Let me go.~

I harmonized as I turned off the shower and swiped down the curtains when I grab the nearby towel and wrap it around my body. Then I sighed and smiled.

"What a wonderful day to start my day with one of my favorite Disney songs from one of my favorite Disney movies." I chirped as I tucked my hair to my left ear.

"Now to prepare for the day!" I cheered as I prepare to blow dry my hair to putting on my clothes.

Once I'm fully dressed, I left the bathroom and head downstairs to the kitchen where I saw my mom frying sunny side eggs and bacon on the stove.

"Morning mom." I yawned.

"Morning sweetie, sleep well?" She asked curiously.

"Yeah, I did," I replied with a grin as I walked to my seat and I pull out my phone to delete all pictures of me and my ex that I forgot to do yesterday.

"And done," I said as I laid my phone down on the table. Then my mom set the plate and a glass of orange juice in front of me.

"So any plans today after school?" She asked curiously.

"Hmm not really, Zara is babysitting her little sister and Harriet is probably going to the gym after school so I'm just going home and chill," I told her.