Episode 4-25~27: Brainwashed Theory Confirmed

Meanwhile at the hall, Kalim was roaming through the halls with Jade just like how he wanted. 

"I'm so sorry, Kalim. I didn't think you'd already be going to bed. We could save this for tomorrow. It was selfish of me to get up to see the treasure vault again..." Jade apologizes feigning guilt, but Kalim shook his head firmly.

"No worries, no worries. I don't mind at all! What did you wanna see?" Kalim ask curiously.

"I'm very curious about the tapestries and carpets you had stored at the back. We don't have any textiles quite like those in the ocean. So I'm interested in learning more about the culture of the Land of Hot Sands. A dry world covered in sand is the exact opposite of the bottom of the sea." Jade informs with a smile.

"Aah! I think I have a carpet that would suit the colors in Octavinelle. It's going to waste in the storage room. You want it?" Kalim ask surprising the eel.

"Would that be alright?!" Jade shrieks.

"Of course! We're here." Kalim chirps as he and Jade made it to the vault and the peppy dorm head opens the door to reveal the shining light of riches, gold, and other finer expensive things.

"Aaah...it's beautiful. Being able to see it up close like this is wonderful." Jade praises and turns his attention to the peacock colored silk as he picks it up.

"Kalim, what is this peacock green material? It's striking." He compliments while holding on to the silk.

"That's woven from silk. A really long time ago the law that only royalty could marry royalty was amended and a certain princess who married a peasant from the slums wore that color. That's the color that's really popular with men and women." Kalim explains impressing the mature eel.

"How wonderful. The little mermaid, captivated by the human world, would be absolutely fascinated by all of this. Though the security must be difficult to manage." Jade points out laying his chin under his hand with a curious look.

"Jamil takes care of that. He even airs out all the carpets and scrolls." Kalim reassures.

"What a skilled aide you have, he's even earned Azul's praises." Jade compliments as Kalim lets out a chuckle.

"I know right? He's so amazing. He also spends his time helping me with magic and school. The way he teaches is better than any of my tutors. Oh yeah, he's a really good dancer too! He doesn't really dance with others around though..." Kalim explains. Baffled, Jade folds his arms staring at the dorm head with a look of confusion in his eyes.

"You have such a high opinion of him so I wonder why he hasn't mentioned anything to you?" Jade ask curiously.
"Eh?" Kalim looked baffled when he asked this.

"Forcing your residents to give up their vacation to stay here and endure strict training everyday. That's something I really can't picture you doing." Jade assumes. Kalim curls his brows and folds his arms.

"Umm...You know...It's because we need it, I guess?" Kalim replies with a confused tone.

"Wasn't it your decision? Why does that sound like a question?" Jade ask curiously.

"Yeah, you're right. That was supposed to be my decision but..." Kalim clench his arms and squints his eyes.

"I've been spacing out a lot recently..." Kalim said.

"And why is that?" Jade ask curiously.

"Jamil said it's probably exhaustion from being a dorm head as a sophomore." Kalim told him puzzling the eel.

"Hoh?" Jade became baffled when he said this to him.

"I've always had a bad habit of falling asleep during hard conversations. My tutors, and Jamil, used to get really pissed when I did that." Kalim informs.