Episode 2-23: The Stampede

Meanwhile at the other side of the festival, Glory and her friends are strolling around the streets where they are food stands, drink stands, as well as games.

"Fffaaahhh!!! Look at it all! There's so many things to eat! Churros, fried cake, and there's smoked chicken, too!" Grim chirps.

"Jesus Grim, now you're making me hungry." Glory mutters while drooling over the food deep down.

"Tch~ In the end, I didn't get picked...." Ace grumbles.

"Same." Deuce mumbles. Glory giggles and grins.

"Hey, there's always next time." She reassures

"But we've got an important job to do today. We've got to focus on that." Deuce reminds them with Glory nodding with a grin and Ace grins back.

"You're right. We'll give it our all." Ace said.

"What's that Takoyaki thing? I wanna eat everything." Grim pleads acting like a kid in a candy store, but Ace was haven't it and pull him by the collar.

"Eat. It. Later! We have to go!" Ace shouts.

"Waaah!! But I wanna eat!"

"Save the food for later Grim! We gotta stop Leona!" Glory reassures as she and her friends drag Grim off the booth and head straight to the stadium.

—————
Meanwhile at the infirmary, Merlin was watching this from his crystal ball where Glory and her friends enter the stadium.

"Good luck my sundrop...save Leona and I'll be rooting for you comrades." Merlin mutters as he watches the scene unfolds him until he heard a loud boom from the room and turns around to see Crowley.

"Good morning Dire, aren't you supposed to be at the stadium right now." Merlin ask.

"In the right moment but first, I need to take a look at this unique magic that Gloriane has possessed." He said as Crowley strolls to his desk.

"You sure? I don't want you to be late." Merlin ask curiously.

"I'm sure Merlin, now let me watch." He said as Merlin sighs and nods.

"Very well as long as you don't scream into my sensitive elderly ears." Merlin advises.

"Hm? I would never do that." Crowley assures with Merlin rolling his eyes in response.

"Sure...Anyway, let's just watch." He says as the headmaster nods as they both watch the scene from his crystal ball preparing for the outcome.
———————

Meanwhile at the Savanaclaw dormitory, Leona and Ruggie are outside of the main entrance.

"It's almost time for the players to enter the stadium." Leona informs.

"We're ready to go, give a signal anytime." Ruggie assures.

"The top batter is last year's champion, Diasomnia. Hmph...Make your heart race. Right?" Leona ask with a grin.

"Shishishi! Time to get things done!" Ruggie cheers as they plan begin.
———————

Meanwhile at the festival everyone is gather around as the announcer starts to speak.

"Eh...Ahem. Welcome to the Night Raven College Inter-Dorm Magical Shift Tournament. We apologize for the long wait. It is finally time to welcome our competitors to the field!" He announces causing the whole audience to cheer.

"First up, last year's victor! Can they make it a three-peat? The reigning flash! Dia~~somnia~~~~!!!" He announce as everyone starts cheering for the Diasomnia duo. However all the way back there, Ruggie is standing on top staring down at the audience and the Diasomnia duo.

"Ooh. There sure are a lot of people. If we have this...Shishishi!" He cackles.

"First, the potion I got from Azul..." Ruggie soon opens the lid and takes a large gulp from the bottle, but quickly his eyes widen and gags from the foul taste.

"Pah! Blegh! What the hell, so gross! It tastes like rotten stew!" Ruggie pukes, but shakes his head.

"...Get my head in the game. Time to go. My unique magic! Run like a herd of wildbeasts! Laugh With Me!" Ruggie chants as the god starts to rumble.

"Hm? What's that sound...?" The viewer ask curiously as he turns around and widens his eyes when he saw a crowd of people sprinting down the streets.

"W-What is that!? There's a punch of people running down the street like a parade?!" He yells as soon he feels his body moving.

"Uuuwaaahhh! My body is...Get outta the way! Move!!!" The male viewer yells.

"Kyaaaahhh!!! Don't shove me!" The female viewer shrills.

"Get away! You're gonna get trampled!" The other male viewer shrieks. Soon everyone starts to panic and fled out of the festival as they shove and bustling through the streets while struggling to get out of the sudden stampede.

"Ooh no!? What exactly is happening here!? The audience have started running headlong down the street and dragging others into their charge! Calm down, everyone! Please calm down yourselves!" The announcer reassures, but the audience won't calm down and kept on screaming while running for their lives.

While watching the audience fleeing from the stampede, Ruggie was panting but grins with the success.

"Heh, heh, heh....Azul's potions are amazing! I can't believe I can control this many people at once!" Ruggie chirps while panting heavily due to the amount of magic he summons.

"...But it took a lot outta of me...Since we've come this far...!" He shouts as Ruggie regains his composure while grinning.

"Can you use magic on all these innocent bystanders? Even the great Malleus, prince of the fae, couldn't use it if he wanted to, ha!" Ruggie taunts.

"Get trampled! Shishishi!" He hoot laughs while watching the people including the Diasonmia duo get trampled.

"The panicked audience is heading straight for the Diasomnia team! Get out of the way, everyone! Please get away!!" The announcer warns as everyone kept screaming and fleeing from the stampede. The stampede soon heads straight to Diasomnia.

"This is bad, we'll be crushed by the crowd at this rate! Protect Prince Malleus!" Silver shrieks.

"This way Prince Malleus! Prince Malleus!! Gggaahhh!! We won't make it! We're going to be trampled!!!" Sebek panics.

"Aaaaahhhh!!! Prince Malleus~~!" Silver shrills as the Diasomnia team ended up getting trampled....at least that's what Ruggie thought, but let's hope he does....

"I did it...we succeeded!" Ruggie panted as he turns back and ran back to the stadium.

———————
Meanwhile at the infirmary.

"Oh my...this ain't good." Merlin gulps.

"Nope." Crowley agrees as they watched the audience get trampled and fleeing from the stampede of people from the streets.

"Though I feel like the part where Diasomnia kids are panicking is staged." Merlin assumes.

"Hm? You believe their faking it?" Crowley ask curiously but he shakes his head.

"Not saying they are, more like they have something up on their sleeves." Merlin points out.

"Hmmm..." Crowley tilts his head for a moment before he stands up from his chair.

"I must get going. This can't not be tolerated." Crowley said.

"Then I'm coming with you." Merlin suggests.

"I want to see how my student is handling this." Merlin assures.

"Very well, let's be on our way then." Crowley accepts as Merlin forms a grin.

"Yes, we shall." Merlin said as they both left the infirmary and head straight to the tournament.