Satisfaction

He just looked at me and my mouth went dry. How am I ever meant to compete with him. He looks like he just stepped out of a modelling shoot and I look like I just washed up from a ship wreck!

Nobody said anything and it was killing me. He knew it was too!

"Alright fine! I'm sorry for locking you out of my room, that was childish." I definitely sound like a child.

"You don't say. Why would you lock me out? What's going on?" Is he really that clueless? Can he not see what he's doing to my self esteem by turning me down over and over?

"It's nothing. Something I can sort out myself. Look maybe you should spend the night at yours tonight. I'm fine here. Romans upstairs and my parents are here. I'll be absolutely fine and I'll even phone you when I'm going to bed and when I wake up." I think some alone time might be exactly what I need. Time to shave my everywhere and shape my eyebrows. Do something with my hair and throw a face mask on.

"Somethings going on inside that head and you need to talk to me about it baby." He's finally moved from the door and come to sit next to me on the bed. His features have softened but he's got his guard up. Even now when he's trying to comfort me, he's sitting about a metre away from me!

"Honestly, I just need time to work through it all myself. I have so many questions without answers and I don't know where to start." It's not a lie.

"Tell me, I promise I'll answer what I can." His words were kind but I know he won't answer them as honestly as he says. He's too overprotective at times.

I sat in silence for about ten minutes before I couldn't take the quiet anymore. If he wasn't going to go then I'd take the stuff I needed to the bathroom and get some me time there.

I silently stood and his hands went straight to support me. Swatting him away, I slowly circled the room picking up everything I needed and putting it into a bag.

"What're you doing? You're meant to be resting. We shouldn't be going anywhere."

"We're not! I'm going to the bathroom to soak in the bath and have some girl time."

"I'll come help you in and out." Before he could take another step I turned and the look I gave him clearly made him rethink his next move. He backed up with his hands in the air and sat back on my bed.

"Good choice." Was the last thing I said before walking across the hallway to the bathroom. I locked the door and started running a bath.

Two hours later I emerged from the bathroom and made my way downstairs. I said hello to both my parents and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge before making my way back to my room. The looks my parents shared with one another told me they had a million questions but they kept quiet. It felt so good to do things for myself.

I had shaved, plucked, dried, moisturised and painted my nails. I felt like a new woman. Guaranteed I was feeling a little sore from so much movement but it was only going to ease the more I got used to moving and stretching my body.

When I walked back into my room Marcus was lying on my bed playing on his phone. He looked very focused while he text someone and it was the first time he looked human again. He wasn't my carer but just Marcus.

He looked up instantly and I could see the worry etched onto his face. He masked it quickly but it was definitely there. Who was he texting that would put so much stress into him?

"How're you feeling?" Marcus was talking to me like I was about to snap. I can't say I blamed him.

"I'm sorry. I feel a lot better now. Like a brand new woman." I put my things on the floor and walked over to my bed to lie down with him. I turned towards him and gave him a much need hug. It took a few seconds for his muscles to relax. God, he was tense!