Toying with a Predator

I woke up with my arms and legs tangled around my duvet. It was Sunday and the hangover was fully gone. I was actually starting to feel like my normal self.

I can't stop myself from looking up at the other pillow on my double bed and thinking about the way I woke up yesterday. It was different but I remember thinking I felt safe before the train wreck of a day started.

Marcus was true to his word and didn't ask me again about us before he left to go back to his place. I'd never actually been to his. All I know is that it's on Victoria Street, literally a short jog from here.

He was actually quite quiet last night after his final text. I caught him looking at me every now and then but that's only because I went to look at him. I could honestly stare at that face of his all day. Marcus was so defined in his features and his eyes could send anyone into a trance like state. That's why I didn't look in them often. I knew I'd do whatever he'd ask and not think twice. Dangerous!

I had given it a lot of thought about whether or not a relationship with him is a good idea and if I'm honest, I've still not come to any conclusions that I'm happy with. Every time
I tell myself to walk away and just stay as friends, I'm not happy and then when I think about us being more than friends, I get too scared of the consequences of it going wrong.

Deciding on a morning run to get the day started, I throw on my running shorts and sports bra with a loose vest and put a loose platt in my hair. When I walked into the kitchen, Alice was busy making toast with what I think is meant to be scrambled egg, but I'm not sure. She's not the best of cooks and I very rarely ate her food. I pitied Roman in this situation. How was he meant to eat THAT!

"Morning love birds!" I smiled and kissed Alice on the cheek. She knew I was just trying to butter her up to try and get her to forget about what she saw yesterday. She leaned in to kiss my cheek and whispered in my ear, low enough for Roman not to hear.

"Not a chance." I bit my lip because I really didn't know what I was meant to say to her. "Did you know Lauren and Becca are coming over at twelve for us to go for lunch? Thought it would be nice to have a chat about things..." She was lingering and I knew why. I nodded my head and went over to the dinning chair to put my trainers on.

"So I guess that means I have to be showered and ready by then huh?" I asked Alice. It was only ten now so I had time to go for a run. I wouldn't be long showering.

"Yep. Oh and no boys allowed to this one I'm afraid love." She looked at Roman and put on an exaggerated pout. Those two. Honestly.

"Ok well I'll meet you in the living room at twelve. I'm just going to go for a quick run. I won't be long." Before I let any of them answer I'm out of the kitchen and in the hallway. Once I've finished my stretches, I head out and begin to jog my normal route.

Once I get to the park, I start to do laps of the field when an idea pops into my mind. I could run home a different way today.

I was much quicker with my laps than normal, pushing harder and harder. After doing five laps I'm ready to run home and this time I make a slight detour but it's still on the way I suppose.

I'm literally sprinting now and I don't know why. Was it because I didn't want to be caught looking at where he might live? I pounded down the streets and my heart rate was erratic. I shouldn't be doing this but I just can't help myself.

I get half way down his street and I realise this might have been a bad idea. What if he comes out? I'm a sweaty mess. But if I'm outside his house right now then he could see me turn around and run the other way and that would look pathetic.