Leaving

It was the day I'd been dreading.

I was about to let the love of my life leave to go god knows where to do god knows what for god knows who!

We've spent the last two days in bed just savouring each other. Marcus has praised my body like a temple and I wasn't ready to stop and let him be surrounded by life threatening events that I have no idea of whatsoever.

"Sweetheart, I have to get dressed." He moans from beneath me in his bed. I hug him once more and then reluctantly roll off of his body.

"You best make sure you come home safe Daniels!" I just can't think of him not coming back to me. We've only just started. At this moment I regret Jackson even more. I wasted so much time with him and look how little time I get with Marcus.

He walks back to the bed and pulls me to my feet, resting his huge hands on my waist.

"Fliss, I'll be careful I promise. I want nothing more than to come home and bury myself in you and spend days in bed." He smirks wickedly and I slap his chest playfully. I know he's trying to make me laugh but I'm just too miserable. I need to get a grip!

"Come on baby..." The words out of his mouth are like music to my ears. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull his lips to mine.

He's soft at first and I take my time to savour how smooth his lips are, how soft his cheek is from shaving this morning. I can feel his hands holding me that little bit tighter but when his tongue slowly moves over my bottom lip, my mind is fully focused on his mouth.

I open slowly and let him deepen the kiss. We both know we don't have time for another round but this kiss is enough to make me feel like I'm floating on air.

It was a kiss that brought all emotion to the surface. If I didn't already know that I loved him, this kiss would've definitely been a game changer.

Before I can stop it I feel the tears that had built in my eyes finally fall over the edge. I hope he doesn't notice but when I taste the saltyness on my lips I know he does too. Marcus doesn't pull away but kisses me harder and holds me so close that I feel every part of him against me. His skin on mine.

All too soon he pulls away and places a lingering kiss on my forehead. I feel precious and alive with him.

I pull on my knickers and jean shorts from the floor and put them on, leaving the top button undone. I find my bra on the floor and my top next to it. Just as I'm pulling my top over my head I feel Marcus pulling my button together and doing my shorts up for me. A slow and sexy smile on his face.

"Don't. You haven't got time to do the things I want to do to you." I very bravely tell him. He's made me so confident about sex and it's a side of me I haven't seen before but I know he loves it.

He holds his hands up in mock surrender but I see the twitch in his boxers to know I've already got him if I wanted him.

Not being able to take anymore, I make my way downstairs and to his kitchen where I set about making him a sandwich for the road. Neither of us have had breakfast yet so I make one for myself as well.

Just as I'm wrapping his up, arms circle my waist and a soft kiss pressed to my temple.

"You didn't need to do this Sweetheart." I smile but no words leave my mouth. I set mine on the breakfast bar ready to come back to once I say good bye at the door.

He put his sandwich in the top of his bag and grabs a bottle of water from the fridge before throwing the bag onto his back. I grip hold of his hand and walk him to the door. The first time is always the hardest right? This will get easier. Keep telling yourself that Fliss!