Chapter 3 - Forced Apology

"Who the hell does he think he is?" I angrily said as Piyali and I took a cab.

"Rahul Khurana," Piyali said flatly.

"He is an--ugh!" I couldn't even think of a term to call him.

"He is quite...stubborn and conceited," Piya said, "and very hot, yaar (dude)." I rolled my eyes, still angry. "Preet, chill. Let's go eat some breakfast."

The guys agreed with her.

I didn't say anything as Piyali asked the cab driver about the nearest restaurants.

She acted as if Rahul Khurana had been the least of our worries.

Hello, the man was our priority!

He was our golden goose.

________________________

Rahul Khurana's POV

"Who the hell does she think she is?!" I muttered. My meeting with the clients had gone decently, but my mind still remained on the girl who hadn't been cooperating.

"Rahul, what happened now?" Someone said from the doorway of my cabin. I looked up to find my friend, Samrat "Sam" Malhotra, make his way towards my desk.

I sighed and said, "The Delhi supplier team came this morning to see me about the Delhi deal. Remember the Mehra company?" He nodded and took the seat across mine. "They want us to start getting our supplies from them," I told him.

"What's the problem, then?" Sam asked in confusion.

"Mehra's are going to be bankrupt," I said flatly and leaned back in my chair. "Their fabrics are outsourced from China. Why shouldn't we directly buy from a Chinese supplier than put a middleman through?"

"Oh. Then, why did they even bother sending anyone to persuade us?" he asked.

"Because bankruptcy is a rumor," I shrugged.

Sam gave me a flat look. "Really, Rahul? You don't even know for sure whether Mehra's are going to be bankrupt. And you just got pissed off at their employees for no reason!"

"Sam, rumors have some truth behind them. As for those employees of theirs, they can go back to their company and never show me their goddamn faces again, especially the tall girl," I said, getting agitated even by the thought of her. Her defiant face flashed in front of my eyes and it pissed me off.

"Tall girl?" Sam asked, raising an eyebrow.

I looked at him, and his playful expression. "Don't even. The tall girl--I don't even know her name--wouldn't leave. She was so stubborn about getting through the deal!" I told him outraged.

"Interesting. Was she hot?" Sam asked with a small grin.

I threw the pencil in front of me at him. It missed, but got Sam to chill. "This is serious!" I flipped open my MacBook and started checking my email.

"Rahul!"

"What?" I asked frustrated.

"You took Radhika di's (di term for older sister) anger out on those people this morning, didn't you?"

I glanced at him, knowing full well he was right. Before I came to office, I had a talk with Mom. I wanted to talk to my older sister, but she refused. Even Mom scolded me when I lost my temper regarding di's immaturity. It wasn't my fault they went to India. Radhika di shouldn't blame me for her dispute with dad.

It wasn't my fault dad handed me the company!

"Whatever," I mumbled.

"Rahul?!"