Chapter 14 Avoid Her

Chapter 14 - Avoid Her

Rahul's P. O. V.

"Why are you avoiding her?"

"Sam, I don't want to get into any messy business. Strict business relations is what my life consists of." I sighed. "I don't need to get into any relationships with any girls. Especially with someone who is leaving soon."

Sam watched me with an expression of realization. "You're afraid." I gave him a confused look. Me? Afraid? Impossible. "You're taking precautions. You're afraid of getting close to her because you know she'll leave. Aw man, you know long distance relation--"

"Samrat, shut up," I snapped, cutting his sentence off. I took a big gulp and finished off my drink. "You don't know what you're talking about, my friend."

"Really?" He raised an eyebrow, questioningly. "Then why did you ask her for a dance?"

"Because Mukti left me," I said flatly. To a degree that was truthful.

"As far as I know, you loathe dancing."

"Maybe I had a revival of love for dancing." That could never happen but it was worth a shot.

"Maybe you just wanted to talk to Preet." Sam smirked. Why did this all matter so much?

"Why are you so concerned about my life?" I interjected. "You realize that Piyali came with Preet. When the time is over, both of them go back."

Sam seemed unaffected by my statement. "So what? I live in the present. Unlike you, I don't care about the future. Too many worries."

"Unfortunately, I can't afford that thinking."

Sam and I said nothing else to each other.

Preet's P. O. V.

"He's ignoring you?"

"We're so much in trouble." I sighed and closed my eyes for a minute.

"Are you kidding? We're in great shape!" she exclaimed. I turned to look at her with a questioning look. "He obviously feels something for you that he's avoiding you."

"Feels something like . . . hatred?"

"No, something like a spark." A smug smile came over her features. "I can't believe this is working. I always thought you were a hopeless--I mean I knew there was hope."

I frowned. "You're mean. But now, what should we do?"

"Relax. Now, we do what he says."

"Huh?"

"Preet, time to hang out with Abhik. I am sure Rahul wouldn't mind. Gotta make sure though that Rahul is there when you spend time with his cousin," she told me.

"We're gonna make Rahul jealous?" I asked slowly.

She gave me a smug look. "It'll be a blast."

______________________

We boarded the private jet to return back to New York. The plan was set in place.

I was honestly against it. I didn't want to be on the wrong terms with Rahul but since he was ignoring me and whatnot, I went with it.

Slowly, I walked over to where Rahul's cousin sat. I gestured asking if I could sit down. Abhik nodded. Rahul sat in the seat behind Abhik's. I met his eyes for a brief second and pretended not to notice him. His face was expressionless, anyways. Hope this works.

"Of course," said Abhik cheerfully. "For once, I won't be alone." I sat down and continued a decent conversation with Abhik. He was really a great person.