Chapter 10 Joking & Flirting?

Chapter 10 - Joking & Flirting?

According to my very own Love Guru, the next step was to joke around and flirt with Rahul. Flirt? Seriously?

"Piya, I don't know how to flirt. Joking is kind of okay but flirting . . . no," I said as we worked on our paperwork.

"Nothing difficult, Preet. Be confident. Joking often turns to flirting," Piya said with a sigh. "Smile a lot; blush, if possible; laugh at his jokes; touch his arm or hand when talking or sympathizing; and many other things."

"What if the joke isn't funny?"

"Then you ignore. Don't go overboard with anything because then you'll be like Drishti. We don't want that," Piya said and added a shudder.

"God, no!" I said horrified. I didn't want to be like that girl. "How am I going to do all this? Our flight's in a week."

"Lunch dates," suggested Piya.

"Everyday? That's clingy."

"We haven't found that yellow file, yet. You can drop by the office again to go find it," pointed out Piya. "Go and seize the opportunity of spending some time with Rahul!"

"When?"

"Now!"

___________________

"Ms. Saini, you need an appointment to see Mr. Khurana," the receptionist, Caroline, told me.

"But I left my file here! Mr. Khurana knows. Why don't you just call him and let him know?" I pleaded.

"Sorry, ma'am. He's busy in a meeting right now," she said and gave me a I-can't-do-anything-else look. With a loud sigh, I proceeded to go back to my hotel. Mission failed.

"Preet!" I saw Abhik hurrying my way with a huge smile. Yes! "Hey, what are you doing here?"

"I left a file in your cousin's office and haven't found it. The lady won't let me in without an appointment," I explained.

"Oh come on," he said taking my forearm. He rolled his eyes and brought me with him. I gave Caroline a victory grin. She simply ignored us. We almost reached his office when we met the man himself.

"Preet? Abhi?" Rahul said confused as to why we were here. "You two missed me that much? I saw both of you yesterday, you know? And how's your foot?"

"Better. I came to find my file," I answered.

"I dropped by to ask you to come to my graduation party slash bonfire," Abhik said.

"Graduation?" I looked at Abhik. Exactly how old was he?

"Four years of college are done, finally. You should come, too! It's tonight! We are burning all of our old papers, folders, etc. etc." Abhik said merrily.

"Congratulations," I told him.

"Thanks. So coming or not?" he asked looking between Rahul sir and I.

"I have to or bhua (paternal aunty) will kill me," Mr. Khurana said flatly.

"Considering that I won't know anybody there, I'll have to skip. Thanks for the offer," I said politely.

"I'll be there!" said Abhik. "You can bring your friend. Rahul and maybe Drishti will be there. Sam's busy with work. It's just a bonfire, nothing fancy."

"I'll talk to Piya," I shrugged not giving any definite answers. Rahul looked at me. "My file?"

"It's not in my office. Check the board room," Rahul sir said.