Chapter 21 Dinner

Thanks to yagappar (for double checking and helping with important things).

Chapter 21 - Dinner

Rahul and I were pushed along to a car. News of police finding their haven scared Arihant and his men. When someone mentioned knowing a shortcut leading to a different state and area, I got scared.

And I think it worried Rahul too.

"Do you want to run away with me?" he whispered. The people had stopped us in the back of a car and seemed too busy shouting orders between themselves. Mostly they were loading weapons in boxes. Strange.

Even though the situation was grave, I went with Piya's forgotten plan. "That's a little too forward. We don't even know each other that well."

He ignored me. "Right now, you're going to take my hand," he said holding his palm out which I slowly took, "and we're going to run to the left in the forest on three." His hand closed on mine, putting weird feelings in my stomach. I'm definitely hungry. "One," he began. "Two."

Together, we finished "three" and bolted. I was so happy that I hadn't worn heels to the wedding instead flats. My foot had mostly healed. Rahul and I ran off the road into the little forest. Men were screaming and yelling behind us. Threats of shooting us filled the air.

We ended up in front of a lake. No way of crossing it. We turned around to see men in dark attire and evil smiles. Evil villain's chamche (minions).

One of the men advanced and grabbed Rahul's collar and threw a punch. The CEO stumbled and brought a hand to his bloody mouth.

Ouch.

"Ra--" I reached out but Rahul held up a hand. The anger and rage reflected in his eyes, examining its prey.

"Preet, get ready to learn some self-defense," Rahul said and stood with his hands up.

The evil guy smirked and raised his fist. Rahul surprised everyone by punching his nose and letting blood run.

I winced.

"Fun fact: I joined the army when I was seventeen," he said.

Another man came running with a branch. Rahul turned in a sideways position and pushed out his foot giving the man a good blow to the stomach, making him drop.

"That wasn't even a good side kick," remarked Rahul. He punched the guy repeatedly until he was knocked out.

Rahul again put on his fighting stance throwing kicks and punches. I looked around and picked up the branch from the earlier man. Edging closer to the current target, I hit the back of some goon's head making him drop in pain.

Rahul fought other men, yelling out kicks and moves. I was plain dumbstruck.

When the last bit of the goons ran away, Rahul came over.

"How did you manage to beat them?" I asked. "There were ten of them and one you."

He wiped his hands against his shirt. "Fight them one by one. Don't let people circle around you."

My eyes wandered and I grimaced by the sight. "Spoke too soon."

Arihant's men surrounded us inside a circle, holding guns and knives.

Arihant and Raj were right behind.

Rahul took my hand and I kept close to him feeling unassured.

We heard a loud announcent overhead: "Surrender or the consequences won't be in your favor."

Everyone tensed and we saw people in uniforms. Police! I got jerked away from Rahul, a gun pointed to my head.