Chapter 8 Cheapo Arihant

Chapter 8 - Cheapo Arihant

I wasted no time finding Abhik.

"You didn't tell me he was your cousin," I accused as soon as he saw me.

"He told you? That jerk."

"Can you please not tell him everything I told you?" I pleaded.

He smirked. "You don't want him to know you like him? He'll appreciate it, ya know?"

"No. Stop. Please," I nearly begged. "I leave in a week and I don't want to make matters worse."

"Leave for where?"

I told him about my two week business trip and he made a face. "Star-crossed lovers. Have fun. I won't say a word."

"You're the best. Thanks."

Piya decided to find us at the exact time.

"Hi. That's Abhik. This is Piya," I gestured towards my friend. "Abhik and I met about half an hour ago."

"Yup. She stepped on my foot with her heels five times when we were dancing. I ask for compensation," Abhik joked.

"He's Rahul Khurana's cousin," I told her.

"Cousins?" asked Piya. I had to tell her the entire story later.

Abhik grinned back in understanding. "Hard to believe, but yeah. I'm the hottest one in our family."

"Keep telling yourself that." We heard a familiar voice say. "Bhua (paternal aunt) needs to stop lying to you."

We found Rahul and Sam laughing at Abhik's expression.

"Ha ha," Abhik said flatly. "By the way, I have some news to share. You two," he pointed to the men, "are gonna be dead." Something in his expression and voice told me he was enjoying their pain.

"Ab kya hua (what happened, now)?" Sam asked tired.

"Your most favorite person is here," smirked Abhik.

"Who?"

"Drishti."

Sam and Mr. Khurana panicked upon hearing that Drishti was here. Abhik had a knowing smirk on his face. "Bhai (brother), Drishti dressed up for you."

Rahul brought his hands to his face and started saying profanities. Sam seemed to be on the same boat. "Dress up or dressed down, Abhi?"

"Obviously, down."

Piya and I exchanged a look, completely unsure of what our role was here. All the guys except for Abhik look miserable. "Sam, I told you not to invite her," Mr. Khurana said.

"When did I invite her?" Sam said. "Where is she?" Drishti was actually on her way to our group. I shifted away, pulling Piya in front of me.

"Count to three and she'll be right behind you," Abhi stated.

It only took Drishti two and half seconds to join us. She wore a maroon strapless dress. It was so short that I worried about her comfort. Her stilletos were a whole different story. True, I wore heels as well, but two inches and six inches had quite a difference. Drishti reached up to Rahul's height.

"Hey, guys. Happy birthday, Sammy," she said brushing up to Rahul's shoulder. I was supposed to be the one standing next to Mr. Khurana not her. That deal had to get passed.

"Thanks, Drishti. Great to see you here," Sam lied.

"I know, right? I think I lost my invitation somewhere, unfortunately, so I was late. Bhai (brother) was coming, so I tagged along," she shrugged. The boys all tensed up at Drishti mentioning her brother. They exchanged a glance and looked around.