Chapter 9 Blooming Friendship

Chapter 9 - Blooming Friendship

Day of the plan was down. Next was the movement to official friendship. Unfortunately, I was awful at making friends with people of the opposite gender. Piya thought it wasn't going to be that hard since I was already friends with Mr. Khurana's friends. Piya asked Sam to have lunch with us.

We went to the same Italian restaurant as last time. Mr. Khurana did come with Sam with an irritated look. His tie was loose around his neck and his hair disheveled. I wondered what was wrong. It wasn't until I saw Arihant and Drishti behind them that I realized the problem.

Piya exchanged a look with me. I had given her all details of what had happened yesterday when I wasn't with her.

"Piya! Oh my god, so good to see you!" Drishti said happily when she spotted us.

I wished I hadn't sat across from my best friend. Drishti sat down next to her, taking Sam's seat. I was genuinely afraid that Arihant was going to sit down next to me. I pleaded with my eyes at Sam for help, but he was too busy looking between Drishti and Piya. I tugged Mr. Khurana's sleeve nodded towards the seat next to mine.

He was way better than Arihant. With a sigh, he plopped down next to me. Arihant and Sam pulled up more chairs to sit on the sides of the four chair table. Unfortunately for me, Arihant still chose to sit near my side.

"How is everyone?" Sam grinned.

"Every synonym of furious," Rahul Khurana said as he tugged at his tie. Everyone looked around awkwardly.

One of waiters came by and took our orders. After he left, Arihant turned to me. "Hey, I just wanted to apologize for yesterday," he said sincerely. "Sorry for being disrespectful. I has a bit too much to drink."

Piya and Drishti were lost in their own world. Great friend I had there. Sam was on his cell phone.

"Look, the devil apologizes," Mr. Khurana said sarcastically.

"Rahul, I wasn't talking to you," Arihant said coldly.

"It's okay," I piped up before it would turn into an argument. Mr. Khurana didn't seem to be in a good mood. "Raat gayi baat gayi (all is forgotten)."

It wasn't forgotten, but for peace's sake.

The CEO gave me a look of disbelief but said nothing. Arihant, on the other hand, threw me a charming smile. "Great. Friends?" Arihant said extending his left hand. Here I am supposed to be doing this with Mr. Khurana not Arihant. Out of politeness, I shook hands with him.

"Friends," I repeated and pulled away.

Our food arrived and Mr. Khurana turned to me.

"Since you're new here and I'm feeling generous—don't associate yourself with him," said the CEO in almost a whisper.

"Ok," I whispered back. "Then, who should I associate myself with?"

He looked at me after grabbing his order. "I don't know, but always remember, you should never trust a person who's not family."

"Forget it, Rahul," Sam said hearing his friend's dark words. "He's gone."

"What happened?" Drishti asked.

"One of our employees had been selling out our secrets and deals," Sam said with a downcast look. "What a scumbag. He's sacked."

"Sam, don't bring it up," Mr. Khurana said as he gobbled down his pasta. At least he didn't take his anger out by not eating anything. Probably something I would do.