Chapter 18 Rejection

Dedicated to nilakshi100 Thank you for all the votes and comments. Everyone check out her amazing story!

Chapter 18 - Rejection

Preet's P. O. V.

I spent the next two days trying to reach Rahul but no phone calls went through. Eventually, Piya and I went to see him at his . . . mansion which was absolutely magnificent. I wish I was rich. Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to go in because we didn't make the list of people scheduled to meet the CEO.

On the third day, I went alone with a bouquet of flowers because Piya lost hope. Samrat was my key inside. I had called him to help me out and he complied easily.

The inside of the mansion was amazing. Chandeliers, curtains, expensive furniture--these people were loaded. No wonder my company wanted to make a partnership with the Khuranas.

Samrat brought me along upstairs on a spiral staircase. As we reached the top of the steps--right in front of Rahul's room--I heard my name.

Rahul's P. O. V.

The doctors had kept me at the hospital for hours cleaning my wound.

Twenty four hours with Preet results in this mess.

Once back at my house, Dad came to see me and told me to rest. Mom called and checked up on me too. Samrat and Abhik took away all electronics so I wouldn't work and get stressed.

I spent my time thinking about what had happened. I wondered if Preet called me. Maybe.

As I looked around my room bored, I saw pictures of my family and friends on my wall. One of the photos was from two years ago at a temple. My face paled as I saw The priest.

I ran a hand through my hair thinking about the whole kayaking trip again. Preet getting choked by her life vest, falling in water with the snake, freezing to almost death, bullets being fired at us, and . . . ER again.

This is not good.

"Rahul!" a chirpy, female voice screamed. It's her. "Kehte hai pyaar mein neend udh jaati hai (they say that you can't fall asleep when you're in love)--"

"Preet! How many times do I--?" I stopped when I heard laughter. I groaned upon seeing Mukti. Stupid, stop thinking about Preet.

My friend walked over and sat down on my bed. "Preet huh?" she teased. Remembering the priest, I didn't say anything. "Sam told me about your little adventure. He tells me that you like Preet, and I think he's right."

I cringed. "Shut it."

"Well, at least you didn't deny it."

"Why're you here?" I asked irritated.

"First, are you feeling better?" I nodded, lying. She then handed me a square piece of paper. "Second, I'm getting married this Sunday. I dropped by to tell you personally." The wedding plans had been going on for ages.

"Congrats. It's here in New York." It was surprising because Mukti hated the city.

"Yup. It's most convenient for our friends," she shrugged.

"Great. Now, what wedding gift do you want?"

"Hmm," she tapped her temple thoughtfully, and then smirked, "Bring a date with you."

I rolled my eyes and said, "Ask for something more realistic."

"I can get anything I want anytime except for seeing you happy with someone," she replied. All these people around me thought I couldn't be happy by myself. All I need is a vacation to the Bahamas or Hawaii. "I have a suggestion on who to bring. You know . . . maybe Preet," she said casually. No.