Chapter 31 Dilli Wali Complication

Beautiful banner/cover to the side by @ishipmeandchocolate. Thanks a lot! Check out her stories, guys! They're worth the time, trust me <3

Chapter 31 - Dilli Wali Complication

My brother's life was going to be ruined.

Drishti, Shruti, and Radhika di were astonished to see that I knew Shruti's family. "What baby?" Radhika di whispered in my ear.

"Is your husband here too?" Daisy asked. Radhika di raised an eyebrow.

"Preet's n--" Drishti started confused.

"Hey," I interrupted, "why don't you guys enjoy the function? We'll catch up in a few minutes." Taking Radhika di's arm, I hurried away. Where was Rahul?!

"What was she talking about?" di (sis) asked. I didn't reply.

Spotting Samrat, I asked where Rahul was. He said to check the terrace. Rahul was there, but on his laptop. "Rahul Khurana, you're so dead!" I said when he met my eyes.

"What did I do?" he asked. "Di, handle this." He handed the laptop to his sister and walked to me.

"Remember the kayaking trip?" He nodded. "Remember Daisy and her family?" He gave a hesitant nod. "Daisy is Shruti's younger sister!"

"Are you serious?" Rahul ran a hand through his hair. "How many cousins do you people have?"

I clenched my teeth. "Rahul, Daisy asked where the baby and my husband was!"

He burst out laughing.

"Can someone tell me what's going on?" Di asked. I crossed my arms as Rahul explained the entire story. We went on a simple kayaking trip that almost led to us getting encountered. "Wow."

"Wow, for you," I said. "Lovely is not marrying Shruti."

"Lovedeep loves Shruti, though. Preet," Rahul said calmly, "he isn't marrying her family members."

"Would you let your sister marry a guy whose parents tried to kill us?"

Radhika di expectantly awaited his answer as well.

"I see what you're saying, but how do you expect us to explain this to Lovedeep?" asked Rahul. We three fell silent not knowing what exactly to do next.

"Telling the truth doesn't hurt," a different voice said.

It came from the laptop. I frowned and pushed the laptop screen my way. There were two people staring back at me. One of them I recognized as Rahul's father from the magazine photo Piya had shown me. The other lady I assumed was Rahul's mother? Her eyes were the same honey brown Rahul's was. But his parents are separated, right? I looked at Rahul for some response.

"Preet, my parents. Mom, dad, meet Preet," he said and grinned.

My whole face dropped. I threw a whole tantrum without knowing I was being watched. By his parents. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I asked him. "Saara yaar mera first impression kharab kar dita (My whole first impression is ruined)." I buried my face in my hands, unhappy by the turn of events. Everyone laughed at my embarrassment. Rahul put an arm around me for consolation.

"So, you two have known each other since October?" his mom asked.

We nodded.

"I always said Rahul and Radhika were like me," Rahul's mom said smiling. "Even their choices. I married a punjabi and now, my kids--both--want to marry punjabis."

I dropped my hands and looked at Radhika di. Rahul stared at her too.

"I was going to tell you," di said slowly. "I also found someone. Back in Dehradun. He's punjabi and a cardio surgeon. Dilraj Gill."