Chapter 2 - Attitude Problems

My best friend and I had a long plane ride to New York City. We were both nervous and impatient. The Air India flight was crowded and rowdy, causing us agitation, especially when our ears almost popped out of our heads during the landing.

"Remind me next time to never ride this plane," Piya muttered as she glared at the people around us. Most of them behaved so rudely or uncivilized to the degree where our exasperation hit the boiling point.

"Just ignore them. But we should most definitely ride another plane," I agreed.

She nodded and tucked her bust length dark hair in a mini bun. Compared to her, my belly-button long hair seemed too long. Normally, I kept my hair in a braid or in a ponytail. Leaving hair out bothered me tremendously, considering the dreadful Delhi heat which was overwhelming and resulting in a sweaty body, therefore allowing my long hair to cling to my face, neck, or even arms, sometimes.

I could just imagine how attractive I looked.

"By the way, I did some research on the Khurana company," Piya grinned.

"Really? Anything important?"

"So, the C.E.O is Rahul Khurana, the one and only son of Mr. Randhir Khurana," she began excitedly. "The company has loads of acquisitions other than fashion. The younger Khurana takes care of everything. They say he's a strict business man, but one of the hottest N.R.I men!"

"Piya, we already established that from his picture," I stated, rolling my eyes. "And this is just a business deal. We won't ever see him afterwards, so let's not hope too high."

"Hopes are all I got," she muttered.

After her previous breakup, the twenty-four year old friend of mine had a difficult time moving on. She acted carefree and normal, but I knew sometimes she wished she had that one special guy. I said nothing and put on my headphones to relieve my ears somewhat from the awful flight. Piya was busy clicking through different movies at the last moment. Mostly romantic comedies. It was probably to distract herself.

Although the both of us were Bollywood obsessed freaks, when it came to real life, we knew what reality had set for us.

The plane ride was the most tiring journey ever. Once we reached our city, Piya and I only cared about getting inside the hotel booked for us. We couldn't even be bothered to awe at everything in New York City. Genuinely, seeing other Indians brought relief.

Furthermore, there were abundant skyscrapers and billboards running down the street. It was night time when we arrived at the city, so we happened to watch the light pollution on our first day. Everything was really glamorous and TV-like, but we surrendered our gawking, when the jet lag hit.

Our cab took us directly to the hotel we were going to reside at for two weeks max or less (depending on the deal).

Once at the hotel, Piya and I ate dinner--some noodles with soup--and went straight to sleep.

We had a big day ahead of us.

__________________

"Wow, this company's huge!" Piya said in a mesmerized tone.

I couldn't agree more.

We stared at huge building that was completely made of glass. I had to lift my face all the way up to see the top. There was a huge logo "Khurana Designs" in the middle.

Moreover, the shining blue glass tiles reflected us back when we entered the building. Inside, everything was similar to what we had in our Delhi office with the cabins, receptionist, etc. Majority of the employees held coffee mugs and ate breakfast while chatting with their friends. A mixture of ethnicities amazed me.