Chapter 13 Confused Feelings

Chapter 13 - Confused Feelings

Rahul's P. O. V

"You got a little ahead of yourself in this Abhik's dating challenge, don't you think?" Samrat sat amused next to me. I was trying to find my tie for the conference today. Sam was a useless fool here to bother me. "You don't want her to go on a date with him."

"That's why I called it off with Abhi." I sighed. I knew that whatever was going between Preet and I had to stop. Friendship was one thing and other things were . . . others. Abhi could go on that date.

Rahul, focus on business.

Actually, focus on finding that stupid tie.

"What's the plan, Rahul? You're just going to ignore Ms. Saini from now on?" Sam asked. "Not gonna admit your feelings--"

"What feelings?" I asked as I faced him.

"The ones that you're hesitant to tell."

"Please do enlighten me. What feelings, Sam?" I asked as I found the tie in my suitcase. I wrapped it around my neck and began tying.

"I'm not gonna say anything."

"Then don't!"

I needed to get back in line. No fooling around.

Preet's P. O. V

"Stay close to Rahul. He's your friend and the way he looks at you--I think you're doing great with the plan," said Piya. We were on our way to our rooms after the conference. We had to prepare for the banquet.

"I don't know. He didn't even look at me during the conference. He was with some woman, talking to her the whole time," I said with a disappointed expression. I couldn't go with the plan if he wouldn't even look at me.

"Men," Piya waved it away. "Now, help me pick a dress. What color should I go for: red or blue?"

I looked at the dresses and chose the pretty, asymmetric, royal blue dress laying on the bed. There was a thin gold belt around the waist. The bottom had a flair to it. "That'll make Sam notice you for sure," I smirked. She threw me a look.

"There's nothing--"

"You think I don't notice anything?"

"Yeah yeah. Come on."

__________________________

"Wow, Preet." Abhik said as he looked me up and down.

Piya and I were down in the banquet. I felt self-conscious in the black dress. My hair was out but Piya had pulled one side of my hair back, held in a barrett. Piya had left to find Sam.

Great friend I have.

"Yeah. I wanted to fit in," I said biting my lip as I looked around. Where is Rahul?

"I think you're gonna stand out. You look stunning," Abhik complimented.

"Thank you. You look great yourself." I wasn't lying. He wore a black suit with a white button down and a red tie. He looked like a real gentleman.

"I know."

I rolled my eyes. "So cocky."

"Wanna dance with this incredibly hot and cocky guy?" He offered his hand.

I grinned and accepted the offer. He led me to the ballroom in the other half of the hotel. I saw Piya dancing with Sam. Thanks for letting me know, Piya. I looked around and finally spotted Rahul. He stood next to the same tall, pretty girl in the conference today. Who was she?