Chapter 20 Kidnapping

Chapter dedication to lovelydeeps_ Thank you for supporting this book! And me!

Chapter 20 - Kidnapping

"Rahul, if I die, tell my parents I love them. Let Piya know it was me who killed Chapadganju--her nasty fish," I babbled. "Oh and tell Abhik that I don't like him more than a friend." Rahul raised an eyebrow. "And you! Why couldn't you have said yes or no to the deal than a maybe?! I could've been back home right now! But no! I'm on the verge of dying--"

Rahul put his hands on the sides of my head, catching my off guard. "You're not dying, stupid."

I continued thinking about the worst scenarios as I saw the figure approaching holding a stick or something.

"Oh my god, what if that she or he or he-she hits us on the head with that?" I asked anxious.

"Preet, shut up," he said, his eyes not leaving mine. "I won't let that happen to you, okay?"

"Get out of the car!" a deep, masculine voice shouted. Weird. The person had a body of a lady and voice of a man?

Man-lady.

I looked at Rahul who dropped his hands. When we didn't move, Man-lady smashed the front windshield. Glass splattered. Afraid, we slowly got out. Rahul wasn't even close by anymore.

My jaw dropped when I saw the figure holding a . . . rod.

Out of nowhere, something or rather someone grabbed me from behind. Black fabric wrapped around my eyes. Rahul was calling my name and vice versa. My hands were tied behind my back. I was kicking and screaming and being shoved inside a car. Someone else was pushed to my side. I was pretty sure it was Rahul from the familiar smell of his perfume.

The evil villains growled at every little sound from me and my companion, so talking was a lost cause.

When the car finally stopped, we were taken to a dark room, the blindfolds off. They surprisingly took the ropes away from our hands.

Man-lady stood in his or her costume in one corner.

Rahul's presence by my side brought some relief but other than that, I was panicking. I didn't think my made up soap opera kidnapping predicted my future!

"Don't panic," someone announced. Plenty of unfamiliar faces with guns in their hands guarded the area. In the middle, two very known faces sat smirking at us behind a pool table. "Famous Mr. Rahul Khurana has been kidnapped."

"Raj?" I couldn't believe my eyes.

No guilt or remorse showed on Rituraj's face when he met my eyes.

"Sorry not sorry, Preet. You should've chosen a better companion to ride with," he said. "His choice of the road to go back was perfect."

One wrong address and I'm kidnapped.

Rahul's quiet yet angry expression scared me.

"Why're we here?" I asked.

"Because of Rahul's last year's deed," the awful man next to Raj replied. I looked between him and Rahul who had his lips pursed. "You couldn't possibly think I was letting you off the hook for sending me to jail."

Arihant went to jail?

"Human trafficking is illegal," Rahul stated earning a glare. Human trafficking? Trading or selling people for labor and exploitation? I had attended a conference on it last year. "What do you need? Get to the point," he said.