Chapter 17 Loca (Crazy)

Dedicated to ILive_Laugh_LoveI. Thank you for supporting my book and giving awesome advice! Everyone do follow her! She is amazing!

Chapter 17 - Loca (Crazy)

I landed right on top of Rahul, hitting my forehead against his chin. "Ow, shit," I said clutching my head in pain.

"Preet!" Oh look, he made it alive, too.

"What?" I said checking for any traces of blood on my face. Nope. All clear.

"Are you hurt?" Rahul asked, his eyes searching my face.

Surprised by his question, I shook my head, "No." That's really sw--

"Then get off me."

Okay. He's sweet.

But he really looked like he had been injured. I followed his demand and shifted away while he sat up.

"Are you okay?" I quickly asked as he put a hand on his arm.

"Just give me a moment," he said raising a hand and closed his eyes. Not knowing what exactly to do, I followed his request.

We were on the edge of a river or a stream, close to falling in. Brushing off the excess dirt or dust on my clothes, I realized that we were stuck together again. Maybe it was destiny, my luck, or Piya's hopes. Sitting there, I thought about whether it would be smart to carry out the plan we've made. We didn't really have that many days left unless a little more than half a month counted.

Come on, Preet.

I was pretty sure Rahul already liked me at least as a friend. He stayed up all night for me, after all. I turned around and found him taking off his shirt.

"Eek! What are you doing?" I said putting my hands on my face. Through the little space between the fingers, I watched him.

"I think the last bullet scraped me." He had completely taken off his white shirt and sat with a naked torso--a pleasant sight to admire, may I add. "Kinda hurts, you know. Stop with the drama and check my wound. I can't get a proper angle." I slowly examined the nasty line of blood that stretched along the side of his arm. "How bad is it?" I saw the pain on his face even though he was putting this lightly.

"Not too bad." I only said that to make him feel better. He should've realized that this was the first time I had seen a bullet wound. "Kash mere paas dupatta hota woh purani heroines ke jaise (If only I had a scarf like old heroines). I would tie it around your wound," I mused, trying to lift his mood.

"Shut up."What a killjoy. Huffing, I stood up and grabbed his shirt. "What're you doi--" The sound of a ripping cloth stopped him from asking. Wow, what a bad fabric quality.

Rahul said nothing but watched me in pain as I completely tore apart his shirt's right sleeve. What? I needed to tie something on his wound. My shirt and capris won't do.

"Look, a mock dupatta (scarf)," I said feeling achieved.

Rahul groaned, clutching his head. "Why couldn't I get stuck with someone else?"

I sat back down and started tying the ripped the sleeve around his arm. "If it weren't for those credit cards, then we wouldn't be in this situation. As a CEO of a business company, I'm sure you know that you can always cancel those cards." He didn't say a word. "Rahul, kya hua tha (what happened)?"

"Nothing," he quietly replied as I finished tying. "Thanks." Something was sketchy about his behavior.

Well, this idiot isn't gonna talk. "Hum tum ek baar phir kho gaye. Ab kya kare (We got lost again. What should we do)?" I changed the topic.