Chapter 19 Competition

Dedicated to yagappar. He is an awesome bro! Read his works! He's been giving me awesome tips about India! Thank you!

Chapter 19 - Competition

Rich people surrounded us at this wedding. I was getting nervous as I sat alone with some random guy at my table. The bride was taking turns dancing with her husband, family members, and friends. Piya had gone to get some food.

"Hey!" Abhik stood with a bright smile, slightly out of breath. Finally, he remembers me.

"Who are you again?" I asked.

"Sorry," he replied, looking guilty. "I didn't expect to be so caught up with everything. But I'm all yours now. Wanna dance?" His hand stuck out in front of my face.

"N--" I stopped myself when I saw Rahul dancing with someone. "Sure." I took his hand.

To my luck, Abhik stopped short near Rahul and his partner. Rahul completely ignored us which made me a little disappointed. Though it wasn't even a minute before Rahul walked away, excusing himself.

Is he jealous or not?

Abhik talked about himself the whole time which I easily went along with. When the song finally finished, we went back to the table and settled down. On the way, I noticed someone familiar.

"Raj," I said staring at the tall, dark haired man. My face fell immediately as I looked around for Piya who was dancing with Sam. Her ex-boyfriend and our ex-best friend was here . . . ?

"Preet." He called my name but I pretended not to hear him as I took my seat.

Much to my dismay, Raj joined my table.

Rahul's P. O. V.

"Ab yeh namuna koun hai? Abhi kum tha? (Who is this weirdo? Wasn't Abhi enough?)" I asked as Sam took a seat next to me. Preet and Abhi brought along someone.

She called him Raj.

Maybe I should find someone else.

"That's Rituraj Banerjee," replied Sam. Banerjee sounded familiar. How did he know this man and I didn't? "His family is competition."

"Oh fantastic. But how does she know him?"

Sam laughed. "Why don't you ask her?"

I sat back, crossing my arms. First, Preet goes and dances with Abhik and now knows someone who's competition. I started looking at other girls--potential candidates for myself.

"Abhi, man I haven't seen you in over a year!" Rituraj Banerjee stated when he saw my cousin. Abhi seemed surprised nonetheless he got up and gave Raj a handshake and a shoulder bump which could pass as a hug.

They looked like they were friends.

Alright, Abhi is not related to me.

Rituraj easily fit in. Sam gave me amused expressions as I quietly observed my peers--well, mostly Preet next to me.

"Rahul, why are you so quiet?" Abhi asked.

"It's a CEO thing," replied Sam. "Rahul Khurana after all." I rolled my eyes.

"Wait, you're The Rahul Khurana?" Rituraj Banerjee said shocked. I proudly nodded. Now, he knew who I was--the CEO of the successful Khurana companies. Rituraj didn't say anything else.

I eyed him as he easily got along with everyone.

"Why're you staring at him?" Preet whispered.

"He's competition." Professional and maybe personal life wise.