Chapter 22 Girlfriend?

Shahid ne jo mera dil todha hai na, pucho maat. Who marries a girl 13 years younger than them? She is definitely pretty, but the age gap is enormous! :'( why couldn't he marry me? 17 year gap but I'm willing to work it out (he can marry a girl 13 years younger, why not 17?) He has the best smile in my opinion (after Shahrukh).

Chapter 22 - Girlfriend?

I fell dead silent and I knew that Rahul knew that I knew that he knew why I was quiet. We were on our way back to my hotel.

When the car stopped, I said, "Thanks for the da--d--d--dinner." Not a date, stupid. Quickly, I got out and sighed.

"Oi!" He lowered the window on my side. "Pure dinner pe toh paani phir gaya. Kal ready rehna. (The dinner was ruined. Be ready tomorrow). Seven o'clock sharp."

Dinner?

Once again?

He drove away with a small smile.

Piya, where are you?

One hour later, I was sitting in dry clothes, talking to Piya about the dinner details. She was exuberant upon hearing what happened. I was anything but happy. My brain had a hard time processing that Rahul finally said he liked me.

And the kiss.

That was the goal. It felt wrong. His feelings were real. True. Heartfelt.

Mine were plan-based. I didn't like Rahul the way he liked me. I think. But then what was the reason behind my surprise from the kiss? I leaned into that kiss consciously. My heart did weird things whenever he was close. Who cares?

My brain was getting fried with thoughts of Rahul and I. Piya wasn't much help either.

"He didn't ask you to be his girlfriend?" she inquired worried.

"No." Should he?

Piya gave me whole lecture on how he was probably taking things slow because I fell shy. Blah blah blah. She was getting annoying. The goal was for him to like me. Now that he did, we should be happy to have him take things slowly.

"What's going on with you and Sam?" I asked changing the subject.

"Nothing." She was probably joking. "He's sweet and likes me, but I don't know."

We were playing with the feelings of both boys.

Piya asked if I felt any different being close to Rahul.

I did. But I told her I didn't.

But it could depend on the situation. I was hungry that one time. I was cold and drenched in water another time. It was too hot outside another time.

Many excuses. No clear answer.

I stayed up all night, lost in bis thoughts. Sleep wouldn't come. Piya finally woke up and was surprised to see me sitting wide awake in bed.

"I couldn't sleep," I told her and sneezed. "My head hurts." After checking my forehead, she immediately got me Paracetamol.

Once the tablet was in my system, I fell asleep.

I woke back up when I heard the front door creaking.

"Piya?" I called tiredly.

"I'm gonna ask the hotel kitchen if they can make Khichdi or let me."

I groaned and buried my face in the pillow. Khichdi was disgusting.

Getting up, I went to the bathroom and cleaned up.