Chapter 12 Disney World

Piya and I were coincidentally residing in the same hotel as the rest of the people who came to attend this conference (which included Rahul's own people and himself). Florida was nice and warm compared to back in New York where the cool weather was dragging.

Piya and I dressed in skirts and nice short sleeved blouses for the conference. Seeing as it was going to be long, we brought an empty notebook to play Hangman or Tic Tac Toe when bored. If anyone asked about it, we were taking notes.

______________________

"3 Idiots!" I exclaimed as I figured out the words--well, number and word--for Hangman. Piya gave me a nod and handed the notebook to me.

The conference, as expected, was boring and ridiculous. Rahul was on the podium in front of about a hundred people, talking about his company, boasting about his company, and telling plans of his company. Plans that did not include a deal with my company.

Loud clapping re-directed our attention to the actual conference where Rahul had just finished. I put the notebook back in my purse and clapped along with Piya.

"Hello ladies," someone said. Piya and I found us face to face with Abhik.

We greeted him.

"It's about noon," Abhik said looking at his watch. Piya and I looked at him in confusion.

"We didn't ask for the time," I said.

"Oh I know that. I was letting you know the time before asking you to spend the rest of your day with me," he grinned. I looked at Piya who didn't seem too sure as to how to reply. "We won't be in Orlando long, so I was planning on going to Disney World. So was Sam. Do you want to join us?"

My eyes widened. Disney World! Piya and I exchanged a glance before collectively replying, "Yes!"

"Great! No one mention it to Rahul. Because he tortured us for two hours, he is not going," Abhik said in a low tone.

My face paled. "But I don't think it's right to not include him."

"Preet, he is a bore. Leave him be. Come on, hurry up and change fast. We won't have time tomorrow to go there, so make the best of the seven hours we have today," he said.

"Why not tomorrow?" Piya asked.

"Another stupid conference and then a party or a banquet that everyone must attend. So, gotta get the sightseeing done, today," he shrugged.

"Sounds reasonable, but I'm not going," I said. Piya and Abhik looked at me. Abhik raised an eyebrow, waiting for a further explanation. "It's not fair for us all to go, but leave your cousin. For all I know, if you don't like me because I'm a bore, you would exclude me in your ventures and such."

Rahul's P.O.V

I couldn't help but smile at Preet. I stood with Samrat a bit to the side behind Piyali and Preet. Abhik had let his plans known to both of us. Now, for the sake of fun, he was messing around with Preet. The funny thing was that he was trying to get her to take his side when she stood up for me. Interesting. This is gonna be easy.

"I can't believe she wants you to go as well after she spent the entire time playing Hangman with Piya," Sam said.

I rolled my eyes. "Even I knew that speech was a bore."

"Toh hume kyun itna torture kiya, mere baap (then why did you torture us)?"

"Shut up. And come on. Abhi is already doing the wrong thing to impress Preet," I said as we begun walking towards the girls.